Which Remake Song are You Most Looking Forward To?

Pharaoh

Oct 16, 2002
LITITZ, PA
Visit site
I don't think this question was posted before (sorry if it was)
I'm anxious for the new "First CD" remake this year.
I'm curious more than anything and I've listened to the CD trying to hear what they might do with the songs. :Spin:
Overall, this could be an awesome CD.

"Taunting the Notorious" is the one I'm most looking forward to.

But I'm curious to hear what Russ does with "Shades of Gray".
As it is, I love and hate that song at the same time.

What do you all think?

Im interested in seeing how Premonition turns out. With that little extra something i think it could be really good. Just had a very quick listen through all the songs then, most are them are already pretty cool songs. With that bit of extra polish and production with Russ's vocals, its going to be pretty kick ass.

Personally, I am not looking forward to any of those re-recordings. The songwriting on this first album wasn't very good, so even new recordings with a more powerful production won't make them good songs.

The remake of "Masquerade" on the limited edition of "The Odyssey" wasn't very impressive to me. I hope they put some newer songs that didn't kmake it on the Odyssey-CD on that album as well.

Lord Of The Snow said:
Personally, I am not looking forward to any of those re-recordings. The songwriting on this first album wasn't very good, so even new recordings with a more powerful production won't make them good songs.

The remake of "Masquerade" on the limited edition of "The Odyssey" wasn't very impressive to me. I hope they put some newer songs that didn't kmake it on the Odyssey-CD on that album as well.

Maybe they will remake "Masquerade" again. There was something not quite right about "Masquerade '98" in production, IMO, maybe because it was on the Odyssey CD, which has great production and Romeo's mixing on the computer software, so the sound didn't seem to mesh well with the other songs. ??? And I hope too, that some newer songs are included.

I haven't heard any of the first album, but really liked masquerade 98. Not as much as the rest of the Odyssey limited edition, but it was cool. Due to this I'm expecting the remake to be pretty cool, maybe as cool as some things theyve done in the DWOT->Odyssey period, although im not counting on that. It will definately be worth it though, especially considering its coming soon after a new album, and is more of a bonus from the fans perspective (thats the way i take it anyway) and therefore shouldnt be rated overly seriously.

I'm kind of curious of what they will do with Into the Dementia. They have grown so much as musicians and songwriters since then that I think they can really create a masterpiece with the very first instrumental ever written as Symphony X. I definetly think there will be full Orchestra sounds. That kind of stuff adds so much.

I also am looking forward to Premonition.