NGD - Acacia custom!

ATLA

Oct 12, 2007
The North
figured I'd start a thread on my guitar thats currently being built by Acacia custom guitars! if you guys havent heard of them yet there one of the most awesome new guitar companys coming out of southern california! also helps that the luthier scott has his shop 5 minutes from my house :)

check them out here:
http://acaciaguitars.com/

epic thread on SS.org:
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/de...07-official-acacia-custom-guitars-thread.html

specs so far:
mahogony body
flame maple top
mahogony neck(set)
ebony fretboard (no inlays)
3 way switch + push pull knobs
locking tuners (not sure what ones yet)
gotoh standard bridge (sick of floyd types and stupid wrenches)
2 passive holy diver barenuckle humbuckers (trying something different from emg's)

more to come soon :)

Thanks man. Its definitely been a dream of mine to own an awesome custom. This year I had a good tax return so I had to get it.

is that top going to get carved? I already like how it looks, but it could improve lookwise with a nicely carved
top :D but I am just into LP styled guitars with carved tops ;)

carving almost complete

63e96297.jpg

yes definately getting carved :) the idea of this shape was to mix lespaul with prs.

Kinda like the singlecut PRS then?

PRS-SE-Single-Cut.png

:p

Just kidding. Looking good man, I look forward to seeing more pics of the process, always love to see a build going down.

Thanks! Yeah we didn't want to completely rip off prs. Ill have more pics up soonish. Color testing soon :)

I thought the first pic was from the PRS factory. :) Nice guitar and can't wait to see the end result!

I'd also want to have a custom guitar built for me... for some reason all the wood materials in these custom shops are in bad shape. I was looking a Mayones Custom guitars but since my family owns a veneer company I know a bit too much about wood quality to play an instrument that's made out of those materials. Unfortunately your guitar seems to have the same issue as the Mayones materials had. Those darker streaks in that wood... do you want to what they are? They are SHIT that come out of wood worms. This happens when a tree is cut and the stacked in a forest and they leave it there for too long that the wood starts to decay.

Some people think it looks nice and I'd like to think that too but knowing that it's actually worm's excrement kind of kills it for me. :D

Spalted maple is just fungus that's rotting. I think aesthetic is a priority not wood purity.

I have an acacia custom that was rushed for me by the guys and it's fucking amazing. Joe and Scott are badasses and always had a very open line of communication to me which is lacking in a lot of other custom luthiers.

Wood worms burrow into wood. It would be full of holes if your assertion was correct. I've always heard that fungus caused spalting as well. Anyway, as long as it's stable and aesthetically pleasing who cares? To assert that it's somehow defective is misleading and just a sort of lame attempt to leave your own metaphorical shit streaks in a thread about how excited someone is.
The guitar looks good.

I thought the first pic was from the PRS factory. :) Nice guitar and can't wait to see the end result!

I'd also want to have a custom guitar built for me... for some reason all the wood materials in these custom shops are in bad shape. I was looking a Mayones Custom guitars but since my family owns a veneer company I know a bit too much about wood quality to play an instrument that's made out of those materials. Unfortunately your guitar seems to have the same issue as the Mayones materials had. Those darker streaks in that wood... do you want to what they are? They are SHIT that come out of wood worms. This happens when a tree is cut and the stacked in a forest and they leave it there for too long that the wood starts to decay.

Some people think it looks nice and I'd like to think that too but knowing that it's actually worm's excrement kind of kills it for me. :D

:lol:

a0560b4d_NotSureIfSerious.jpg

Honestly I don't mind a little worm poop on my guitar ;) I know in the end its going to sound beautiful.

As for the finish.. I am thinking a dark emerald green as it would look freakin sexy over the flame maple. Pickups and bridge are gold. Also getting a satin finish on the back of the neck.

Actually Clark I just realized, you don't even need a custom guitar anyway, just match EQ someone else's.

Spalted maple is caused by a fungus in wood that is already dead and began to decay feeding the fungus. That top is not spalted. Figured wood like the top on the ops guitar is NO WAY caused by worm shit. That is ridiculous. If figured wood was able to be made by leaving a feld tree in the Forrest to be eaten by worms than every manufacturere would be doing that.

The figuring is in the minerals that exist naturally in the tree from the ground it was grown in. The ops guitar top is a fine example of figured wood.

The guitar is going to turn out great. Looks awesome.