NGD headless bubinga content!

TimTomTum

Jan 14, 2011
Hey peoples!

so this is a moment I've waited a long time for, to let you see this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN1doqXQxRQ]Waltberg Headless Guitar - YouTube[/ame]

ap8o.jpg

fayy.jpg

8qy8.jpg

This is the product of a lot of nightly shifts of writing, shooting, mixing and editing while still trying to not let my courses slip. It worked out and I am very proud.
ss.org member Walterson posted this built awhile ago and it got a very good reception. Long story short, after seeing this built and the Fruitberg one awhile ago I decided to visit him and his workshop as he lives just like 250km away from my place. Still remember the day, it was great. So after spending the entire day with him and his lovely family, being at this beautiful place next to the mountains and playing all of his awesome guitars who would have not left the place with a guitar? :shred:
Well I certainly did and could not be happier.

Enough of this, specs:

Scale length: 25,5"
Body: hard ash (chambered)
Top: slightly spalted figured bubinga
Neck: wenge profile: soft v
Fretboard: birdseye mapls
Fretboard Radius: 16"
Frets: jumbo / Jescar stainless steel
Finish: danish oil
Bridge: ABM Single String Headless Bridges
Headpiece: ETS
Pickups: Seymour Duncan SH-6 & SH-2 with EMG style covers
Strings: Daddario EXL 117 (11-56)

The guitar plays wonderfully. My flatmate who did the solo for the song is also very impressed. Also the guitar has a very distinct low mid punch. I never assumed saying something like this (like this frequency snobbery ;) ) but when you palmmute it does sound like a deep roar, where my Ibanez RGA321 is much much less powerful.
The looks are great, the bubinga looks awesome, the birdseye maple as well and did I mention the wenge filets at the back? DUUUDE so much attention to detail.
Also the built quality is top notch. That's actually what made me take this guitar home. ALL of his guitars are flawless. I saw some other guitars of his with layered bindings. Just wow. After playing a lot of higher end guitars like Music Mans, Ibanez, Jacksons and Mayones I must say I am impressed.
Honeymoon is long over, have had this guitar for some months now and I am still impressed.
So, yeah. Throw money at him.
Check out his flickr for more guitars:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/walterson-guitars/
He is a very good photographer as well!

Oh and check out his NhBD of this guitar for more pics:
N(hb)GD! Second attempt on a Home Made Strandberg Boden - SevenString.org

Hope it is not to random and you like it.
Cheers,
Tim

Looks like an expensive call girl with her hands cut off and one leg missing, might bang though ;)

Work on guitar looks nice and I'm sure it plays great, the design just looks crippled to me,
just a matter of taste I guess, no offence meant :cool:

Looks like he's using Strandberg as a guide. Looks cool, the finish was something I noticed that might not be perfect, looks like it might need some polish there but I do like Strandbergs and it's a dead ringer for one of those.

Always good to have a polarizing guitar, gets stolen much less likely :headbang:
But yeah, apart from taste, we can agree on the craftmanship, which is just insanely good (and taking into account for how long he has been doing it, I think I remember 3-4 years - its like his 12th guitar and no prior woodworking experience)
I encourage you to take a look at his flick, lots of guitars being beautifully photographed:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/walterson-guitars/