NGD - Jackson SLS3

Melb_shredder

Orpheus: Melodic Death
Mar 9, 2008
Melbourne
My new Jackson SLS3.

Mahogany body, Neck thry Maple with Ebony board. Cream binding, sharks eye inlays, 24 jumbo frets, string thru body!

Seymour Duncan zebra JB, '59 set. (Will be replaced with blackouts soon enough)

I'm so happy, happy 21st to me!!! Woo! Got here this morning just in time for my bday!

Thank you Jackson ;)

P270110_12.49.JPG

Cheers guys! Thanks for the love!

First of all, I have a Jackson/ Seymour Duncan endorsement, so no EMG's here. Not that I care, I went to Seymour first :p

It's a super slim body, it's not a full size thickness like the normal dinky's/ soloists. It's about hmm, 7/10th at some points. So with the passives you lose a little body, nothing major, you can just hear it a little. The seymour Blackouts are well rounded IMO and that's why I want them in this guitar. I've used them in 3 guitars for trials, and they always were unique with each guitar, as oposed to EMG's which I feel take the unique tone of the guitar away and just make it sound generic.

I'll post clips of before and after the conversion anyways!

Thanks again guys,
Chris

Siiiiick ass guitar Chris! Any chance you can post your clean DI's of before and after as well...I have a Jackson SLSMG and am not happy with the EMG's and was giving serious thought to a '59 in the bridge!

Wow man, sweet guitar... Me want too :)

How heavy is this thing? I mean It´s called "Super Lightweight Soloist"...

You have a Jackson and a Seymour Duncan endorsement?? Dude... How did you get those?

@Jauernis - Yeah dude, I can do that! Essentially, it'll be comparing the blackout with the 59 through my shit pres, but it should still be a fair comparison.

I have a countryman now so that should help!

@AHChris - Yeah it's LIGHT considering it's mahogany. It's still about the same as my V which has alder, if not a LITTLE lighter.

As for the endorsement, persistance and then finally getting them to hear my bands music. After that it was a done deal. Which is great, because I'm totally a 1 brand man. I've played enough shit and I'm happy with the Jackson/ Seymour combo!

Blackouts have some awesome sustain happening, so certainly not a bad choice of pickups.
Be aware there is the new Blackouts EMTY models AHB-3s. It would be cool to hear someone actually try those instead of the usual AHB-1 set

Congrats on the guitar too, I love Jacksons

Here's that clip you all asked for!!!

Not the Di's just a recording of:

Sls3 (Passives) --> Ts-7 -> Mark IV -> Recto OS -> Presonus firebox -> Cubase ->
EQ is high/ low pass at 60hz - 12khz, -2db at 5.2khz, -3 at 4khz and -3 at 500hz.
Enjoy I guess :S

DO NOT pick on the sloppy playing, seriously... I just learned the song ok give me a break lol!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/306055/Sls3Test.mp3

Cheers guys! Thanks for the love!

First of all, I have a Jackson/ Seymour Duncan endorsement, so no EMG's here. Not that I care, I went to Seymour first :p

It's a super slim body, it's not a full size thickness like the normal dinky's/ soloists. It's about hmm, 7/10th at some points.
Chris

About Jackson neck:
You have 2 differents necks...
Standard neck: Soloist, Dinky, RR, some warrior
Speedneck: KV1/2, Kelly, some warrior and SLS us/mg

Congrats for your pickup endorsement btw