Mesa, AZ
BRJ_15.jpg

After 21 months... Yes boys and girls... It's finally arrived:

BRJ_2.jpg

BRJ_8.jpg

BRJ_11.jpg

BRJ_9.jpg

BRJ_1.jpg

I give you, the Bernie Rico Jr. Hesparian Slant 6.

To be completely honest... I had almost given up on ever getting this thing. When I ordered it, I was promised a 3 month return time... Obviously that didn't happen. I've been pretty pissed lately about the lack of communication from the builder on this, but the past few weeks, he's actually been great. At this point, I really didn't have any expectations, as I'd been let down time and time again on the completion of this guitar, but it's finally here... and all I can say is:

WOW!

I've had some great guitars over the years, ranging from high end PRS, Custom Shop Gibson, Blackdroid, LACS Ibanez, USA Jackson, Custom Shop Charvel, Oni - Hell, I even had a Blackmachine B2 at one point and to be completely honest, every single one of them completely fails in comparison to the neck on this guitar.

What a neck.

Until now, I've been touting the Blackmachine B2 as the best playing guitar I've had, and this thing honestly just kills it. It's completely in a league of its own, as far as I'm concerned.

Sound-wise, I still prefer my Jackson, but that's probably also due to the fact that I had Bernie put a pair of DiMarzio D-Activator Xs in it, which are INSANELY high output. My Jackson has a pair of BKP Nailbombs in it, which I think are a bit more my style... though I really dig the neck DiMarzio (if you know anything about me, I generally hate neck pickups), it might be a keeper. Definitely much beefier and brutal sounding than my Jackson. Not as much clarity with these pickups, though, which I didn't really expect them to have. Guess I'll just have to throw a BKP in the bridge now! :D

That color is sexy and I'm sure it sounds the part too, but man, I don't think I get how the crooked neck pickup seemed appealing to Bernie Rico. Not to be a dick, it's JMO. It's still a nice-looking guitar. Congrats. :)

Beautiful guitar, really really beautiful and worth waiting 2years.. though its a shame that it took bernie so long and the communcication was not good, that shouldnt happen, and even if he is one of the world best luthiers its not an excuse.
in those times we have today, customer service is everything imo..

When i look at your pics i still regret that i have sold my bernie rico jr.. it was an superb guitar, so now you need to play it alot, it already sounds good but she will sound even better in a few years if you play it lot.

Congratulations and lots of fun :)
cheers
exoslime

what's the scale length?

25.5", here's the specs:

Mahogany Body
Flamed Maple Top
Maple Neck
Ebony Board
27 Dunlop Stainless Steel Frets
Caribbean Burst, Gloss Top
Hand Oiled Body/Neck
25.5" Scale Length
Gold Hardware
Sperzel Locking Tuners
Hipshot Bridge
2 Coil Split Switches
13 Guage Strings, Drop C (honestly surprised, 13s aren't as chunky as I thought they'd be)
DiMarzio D-Activator X Bridge, D-Activator Neck

;)

P.S. Bernie posted some pictures from before he shipped it on his FB:

644535_276829165751586_750216684_n.jpg

399092_276829182418251_2050973869_n.jpg

10470_276829192418250_1332798451_n.jpg