Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Jan 31, 2010
Cambs, UK
www.numbskullaudio.com
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

This thing is fucking mental. Not only the perfect spec for me, but the tightest most toneful and beautifully resonant guitar I've owned.

BODY
Back Wood: Mahogany
Top Wood: Bound Maple Top with Flame Maple Veneer
NECK
Number of Frets: 24
Scale Length : 25 1/2"
Neck Wood: Maple Through Body
Fretboard Wood: Bound Ebony
Neck Shape: Wide Thin
Inlays: No Inlays
HARDWARE
Bridge - Floyd Rose Tremolo
Tuners - PRS Designed Tuners
Hardware Type: Nickel
Treble Pickup: EMG 81
Bass Pickup: EMG 85
Pickup Switching: Volume and Tone Control with 3-Way Toggle Pickup Selector

Does it stay in tune? All the SE's I've tried are like expensive Gibsons, they will NEVER stay in tune. All the US made PRS's I've tried stay in perfect tune all the time. :D

I tried one of those out a few months back, I definitely would have bought one if they made them in lefty. Beautiful guitar man, congrats.

Congrats! Looks great!

What's the fretboard radius like on those? Most PRS SE's I've found to be a bit too round/fender-y for my liking, but I've heard those have a bit flatter fretboard.

Congrats! Looks great!

What's the fretboard radius like on those? Most PRS SE's I've found to be a bit too round/fender-y for my liking, but I've heard those have a bit flatter fretboard.

I played a couple of other PRS's the day I picked this up, and they felt horrible in comparison, especially the Allender sig. Very round, as you say, almost like a Tele feel, which I can't stand!

But this is an entirely different neck they have designed from the ground up, it doesn't feel like any other PRS. It's way more Jackson/Ibanez territory, but not horrible thin.

I played a couple of other PRS's the day I picked this up, and they felt horrible in comparison, especially the Allender sig. Very round, as you say, almost like a Tele feel, which I can't stand!

But this is an entirely different neck they have designed from the ground up, it doesn't feel like any other PRS. It's way more Jackson/Ibanez territory, but not horrible thin.
Awesome! I really want to try one out, then. :D

PRS compared to Jackson/Ibanez makes me :puke:

But hey... I know what you mean. The first PRS I bought had the thinnest neck possible (thinner than wide thin) and it's still a bit thicker than Ibanez necks. So sure they'll feel weird in your hand if you're used to holding little things in your hand. (I did not mean a penis you perv...)

Still you must understand that there's a reason why a Les Paul sounds like a Les Paul and a Telecaster sounds like a Telecaster. There are so many tonal advantages. Thickness, sustain, clarity... So playing an Ibanez with that hockey stick sustain is something I could never live with.

That being said... I love my JPXI. :)

Perhaps I should have compared it to ESP/LTD necks. I meant in the way it feels more than the thickness I guess. It feels fast, even though it's quite a chunky neck. LTD's tend to have slightly more 'rounder' backed necks than Ibby/Jackson, so that would be a better comparison. It's definitely much much thinner than the normal PRS and Les Paul style necks, but agreed - thicker than Ibby/Jackson.

It's just... nice!

OFR man, so yes, very much so!

Its been awhile since I played a Torerro, is it an OFR Special? I have a Special on my Agile and that fucker stays in tune really well, even when you are beating the fuck out of the whammy bar everything returns back to pitch.

Perhaps I should have compared it to ESP/LTD necks. I meant in the way it feels more than the thickness I guess. It feels fast, even though it's quite a chunky neck. LTD's tend to have slightly more 'rounder' backed necks than Ibby/Jackson, so that would be a better comparison. It's definitely much much thinner than the normal PRS and Les Paul style necks, but agreed - thicker than Ibby/Jackson.

It's just... nice!

I was going to say this as well, the Torerro is closer to LTD/ESP necks, not super thin but neither baseball bats. They have some nice girth to them without being overkill, IMO, the best of both worlds and where I like my necks.