NGD The long impatient slumber begins.

A V with a lower cut away and an EMG, can one ask for anything better?
Uhhh, actually yes...I bought an edwards about 2 years ago (I'll come right out with it and say I was a huge fanboy, yes) and I though that would be the perfect guitar. Having been playing it alot as well as broadening my musical horizons, I've come to realize the fact that this one pickup (an EMG nonetheless) is not very versatile. I tried playing with some clean tones for class and it sounds like shit. EMGs really aren't that great. They are good for lots of distortion but...thats about it. (Now its time to save up for an ibanez :) )

Uhhh, actually yes...I bought an edwards about 2 years ago (I'll come right out with it and say I was a huge fanboy, yes) and I though that would be the perfect guitar. Having been playing it alot as well as broadening my musical horizons, I've come to realize the fact that this one pickup (an EMG nonetheless) is not very versatile. I tried playing with some clean tones for class and it sounds like shit. EMGs really aren't that great. They are good for lots of distortion but...thats about it. (Now its time to save up for an ibanez :) )

I already have 2 Ibbys, '88 Saber (pre S series), and a 1527 and I have one of the new 24 fret S series on the way.

Its not like this is my only guitar, I just wanted something that was better suited to a heavier sound.

I played a 600 against my new Edwards. The Edwards quality is far better than the 600.