Nick Drake

Originally posted by Bambi
nick boys voice rocks...Iwas'nt overly impressed to first time I heard it but it grows on you, theres a music shop in dublin that has the blanket he wore on an album cover hanging on its wall

could be the *way to blue*,i think a compilation after death.on this cover he wears sth weird(like the mexicns have for clothes),and he looks like 15year old kiddo..

very good cd,way to blue(the song) is awesome,but all others too.

you mena a poncho??
yeah its that one alright...it looks like a manky old rag now...funny thing is, I 've been in that shop loadsa times and never noticed the blanket on the wall till i read about it in a book

they didnt give it to harrods until its ragged completely..but then its quite chilly having sth like that on your wall,proud i mean.

ok:steal that blanket,and every time you go to sleep,wrap yourself in it.and find a coffin to sleep in.hehe DOOOOM

i reckon if nick hadnt have died, but had got better in his mind, he could have written alot more really great songs. its a shame that. he never had a chance to develop, he was too exposed...he really could have gone on to be incredible. but there you go. thats life!

I listened in a recordstore to one of his albums but i didn't buy it 'cos ididn't really like it

but, hey , if you all insist

i'll download some songs and have a few listens ...who knows ...

Originally posted by Bastet
I listened in a recordstore to one of his albums but i didn't buy it 'cos ididn't really like it

but, hey , if you all insist

i'll download some songs and have a few listens ...who knows ...

Hey Bastet, yeah you really should do, in the long run you'll get
a grip on it,
a wrong comparaison, but ... while listening the first time to
30seconds to Mars I thought it was all common and hype, now
I'll get shivered by it
Many music has to grow

just like life itself

:mad:

Originally posted by pagan2002
by the way, type in nick drake mp3 in google and download place to be, the home recording version. its devastating.

yes. it's beyond description. so beautiful it's almost eerie. this was always my favorite drake song.

Originally posted by pagan2002
i reckon if nick hadnt have died, but had got better in his mind, he could have written alot more really great songs. its a shame that. he never had a chance to develop, he was too exposed...he really could have gone on to be incredible. but there you go. thats life!

reminds me of kurt cobain. ive been listening to the latest songs nirvana released and theyre completely amazing imo, they were getting better and better. why did he have to die heh?

well, there are quite a few threads that deal with these issues on the board. am i supposed to shut up or something?

Cobain felt uncomfortable bout being the rockstar. he couldnt handle it. Otherwise he wouldnt have written such a depressive album as In Utero.

you don't become a rockstar by accident. nirvana were happy enuff to sign to geffen and have a big media machine push them into the major league. And then kobain starts indulging his persecuted martyr act cos that what middle class college kids want to hear from their idols innit??

If he did'nt like the fame and wealth he could have left the band and given his royalties to charity, odlly enuff he kept taking that fat paycheck. God I hate whinging indie rock stars.