Nickelback gets booed off stage!!!

What's the filename of the video?? It'll prolly be all over kazaa by now and I won't have to bother you thru email.

I don't favour Nickelback myself, and even if they are mainstream, they are still a band that write and perform their own music and put the effort into it, which is more than can be said for the pop industry even if they are rich. It must be awful to be forced-off stage like that.

Originally posted by JayKeeley
I saw Nine Inch Nails get booed off stage at Mannheim, Germany when they were supporting Guns n Roses (1992 I think).

Anyway, it was about 100,000 germans waving their tickets in the air at the band and simultaneously booing. The crowd just wanted to get Skid Row out before GnR graced the stage...

Needless to say, Nine Inch Nails walked off in a huff.

NIN got booed of stage? Damn, they don't deserve that!

Hmmm... not too sympathetic here... SculptedCold has a good point, but Chad Kroeger is an arrogant wanker anyway. During a Kerrang (yeah, I know) interview, the journalist mentioned that the band have been criticised by some members of the UK press as being 'boring'. Kroeger then proceeded to start going into a rant 'If the rock scene in England is boring, I can't really help that', and saying 'Are Bush exciting?' and defending himself with such ludicrous lines as 'We're a rock band - we say fuck and shit.'
Kroeger cannot take criticism at all...

Well, it was a bit stupid that one... no band deserve that, but hey.... they were on a almost 100% metal festival.. with Dimmu Borguir, Moonspell, Slipknot and other bands... and the organization put Nickel back just before Slipknot, u can imagine how those little (punks) kids, wanted to see so bad Slipknot..!
they didnt want to wait so much time.. :lol:

i can say on the end.. it was fun... :D

Originally posted by dill_the_devil
Hmmm... not too sympathetic here... SculptedCold has a good point, but Chad Kroeger is an arrogant wanker anyway. During a Kerrang (yeah, I know) interview, the journalist mentioned that the band have been criticised by some members of the UK press as being 'boring'. Kroeger then proceeded to start going into a rant 'If the rock scene in England is boring, I can't really help that', and saying 'Are Bush exciting?' and defending himself with such ludicrous lines as 'We're a rock band - we say fuck and shit.'
Kroeger cannot take criticism at all...

Knickerback are boring, K! managed to get at least one thing right this millennium then...

Has anyone noticed how bizarrely some of the characters in the nu rock milieu behave? I once heard a story that Coby Dick from Papa Roach was doing a radio interview wearing white socks, the presenter made some comment on them - and Coby burst into tears!

During a Kerrang (yeah, I know) interview, the journalist mentioned that the band have been criticised by some members of the UK press as being 'boring'. Kroeger then proceeded to start going into a rant 'If the rock scene in England is boring, I can't really help that', and saying 'Are Bush exciting?' and defending himself with such ludicrous lines as 'We're a rock band - we say fuck and shit.'

BUT - he is absolutely right. The rock scene in England is a disgrace - particularly since rock and metal spawned so many greats over the years and now seems to have faded into oblivion (unless you count yet another Black Sabbath reunion). As far as metal or rock goes, the UK scene is so boring that it's become more eventful to watching paint dry.

I think the UK is lucky that any foreign rock/metal band even takes the time out to bother touring the nation - considering the bad press they will inevitably get.

True, the UK scene may not be anywhere near the state of the glory days of yore - but that wasn't the point. The comment about Nickelback's music wasn't made in relation to British rock or anything like it - Kroeger took it as a matter of nationality, which it wasn't. And to be fair, the British scene's getting better - Anaal Nathrakh, Reign Of Erebus, Mistress, Lock Up, Labrat, Tangaroa, the institution that is Napalm Death (new album coming soon, I hear), and Aura Sun heading up the more extreme end of things, Vacant Stare and Fony taking care of nu-metal's side, and Snub representing UKHC/metalcore... things could be worse...

no band deserves to get booed off the stage.....but what were they thinking accepting that show anyway???

I could care less about Nicklecrak or a lot of other bands... being a musician though, it would suck to get boo'd off a stage like that.

I think they were deserving of it, but that's not my point, getting shit thrown at you for doing what you want to be doing would definitely suck.

Oh well, better them than any of the bands I like.

:devil:

Nickelback may not be that great, but they're a hell of a lot ebtter than a lot of shit out there. I'd rather have seen Nickelback than Slipknot to be honest. Nobody deserves to get booed off stage for doing somehting they love. If i were someone from Nickelback, i woulda picked up my instrument and thrown it at the nearest fucker who was booing me.
Anyway, i want that vid! :D If it isn't too much trouble

another_dimension58@hotmail.com

True, the UK scene may not be anywhere near the state of the glory days of yore - but that wasn't the point. The comment about Nickelback's music wasn't made in relation to British rock or anything like it - Kroeger took it as a matter of nationality, which it wasn't. And to be fair, the British scene's getting better - Anaal Nathrakh, Reign Of Erebus, Mistress, Lock Up, Labrat, Tangaroa, the institution that is Napalm Death (new album coming soon, I hear), and Aura Sun heading up the more extreme end of things, Vacant Stare and Fony taking care of nu-metal's side, and Snub representing UKHC/metalcore... things could be worse...

Yes - agreed - but we were talking about the press and the media and the way they regard anything "harder" than Oasis as being "boring"....bearing in mind that it was only 10 years ago that Donnington Monsters of Rock was one of the biggest metal events in the world - where are all those thousands of fans today? At a rave?

I guess my point is, even though some metal scene exists in the UK, the general public and media do frown upon it - and that has destroyed the metal kinship that once existed on the rebound from punk.

I can only suggest that the Brits take a hard look outside of their nation to make the comparison. Being a Brit myself, I am amazed in hindsight as to how bad things have become in the UK (and it's obsession with dance culture).

Nickleback neither deserve to be booed off stage, or indeed face a British press with a presumptuous attitude - but that is the sorry state of affairs that the UK has now become with its tolerance of "rock" music. Hence my point of questioning why foreign bands even bother to make the journey to ol' blighty anymore.