Nicko interview very interesting....

Nice story... but I don't see what it's got to do with Maiden?

Good to hear a different perspective on the rigours of life in the band though.

:p

yes i trhink god playing to much for him its ok to be a christian but obsessed is not cool you end up a nut bag knocking on doors..

how the gig go last night crossy? did merlyn go?

Where on earth did you find that article? It's a bit of a worry if Nicko doesn't play on the next Maiden album. His playing on Brave New World was really superb. It never ceases to amaze me when I hear stories like the one in Nicko's interview... I don't know what happens to people when they suddenly find God or however you want to put it.
I actually wonder could there be something to it? I'm not really religious but do believe there's more to our existence than merely the physical life we lead.

Nicko really needs to keep a sense of proportion here I think.
It's great that he's found something to believe in, but he shouldn't let it affect everything else in his life. If he carries on this way, he's in danger of becoming one of those narrow-minded religious zealots who thinks metal (or indeed any form of self-expression) is evil and against God's teachings.

I respect his faith, though I don't share it. IMHO, the Bible is not God's word at all, but humanity's interpretation of it. Humans, as any Christian will happily tell you, are imperfect creatures, so we're bound to have missed the point somewhere.

In my experience, all religions and mythologies are humanity's attempts to explain and impose meaning on that which cannot be explained. They're good attempts (from a storytelling and symbolic perspective), but to take them literally is misguided at best.

To finish in the words of Mr Schaffer: "Christ it's nothing personal. You've gotta see/They twist and turn your words for their own needs..."

W (going straight to hell for this post! :D )

Shortly after giving his life to Christ, Nicko had to make the agonizing decision of whether he should go out for another tour with Iron Maiden. After lots of prayer, he felt God’s affirmation that it was the right thing to do, though he realized that he needed more time to develop his relationship with God.

If this is part you're talking about, it says he prayed about it and God told him to do the tour. So there's nothing to worry about.

Nicko's been "churchy" for years now. I read somewhere that he found God on the SSoaSS tour or shortly thereafter. (Don't ask me where, or if I can prove it though...)

Don't forget, church journalists can beat up and spin a story just like regular journalists can.

I guess you can be pretty sure Maiden wont do anymore NOTB type tracks as Nicko wouldn't allow it.

No big loss IMO. he probably doesn't go for the sensationalistic renditions of war too... interesting... who knows or cares... yadda..yadda..Zzzzzz...

Originally posted by Wrathchild

I respect his faith, though I don't share it. IMHO, the Bible is not God's word at all, but humanity's interpretation of it. Humans, as any Christian will happily tell you, are imperfect creatures, so we're bound to have missed the point somewhere.

So true!

.” Which is why Nicko is excited about having a year off in 2001. He feels this time will give him the opportunity to really listen to God and try to discern His calling.

It was this line of the interview which has me a little worried!
I prey to god that he decides staying with MAIDEN is his calling. If he wants to touch peoples lives then he's doing afuckin great job with I.M.!!!!

how the gig go last night crossy? did merlyn go?
Yep Ramsey was there. Good to see him. Gig went pretty good although Ramey had to put up with Starpark for the first hour. That wasn't our pick for support

Yeah, fuckin good show! once again. Starpark need to be shot! They're that band that played the front bar when we went to ALCHEMIST,... not good!!!

I was so worried, I thought SUBTERFUGE weren't playing, It was lucky that I had to wait for Shar to finish work, otherwise I would have left early and missed them. I had actually stood up ready to go when the Starpark singer said "...and SUBTERFUGE are up next" so naturally I stayed!!!:D

Oh yeah...CROSSY...Ramsay is spelt with an *A*.....RamsAy!!!
I thought everyone would have learned that from the amount of abuse directed at CROWLEY so many times!!!!!:mad: :lol:

Block you ears folks....

What a heap of fucking shit!!!

I don't give a shit what you beleive in (everyone should beleive in themselevs), but this is such a crock.

Fuck it all.

(Sorry but I had to let it out)

Matty

SORRY I MISSED IT CROSSY SHOULD BE AT THE NEXT ONE I WOULD HOPE.
RAMSAY WITH A FUKIN ( A ) I SHALL CALL YOU ABOUT SUNDAY AND WE MIGHT DO SOMETHING ARE YOU OFF ON THE WEEKEND?
SEE I ALWAYS GET THE A NOW UNLESS IM CRANKY WITH YOU FOR SOME GOD KNOWN REASON AND NOW YOU HAVE TO EDUCATE THE OTHERS........

..WHEN YOU PLAYING NEXT CROSSY?