Nightime Perdition: Music to an Inner City

Furious B

Aug 9, 2002
MPLS
Okay, so let's get one thing out of the way first: Perdition City is the best album for times between dusk and dawn. Especially when driving around big cities (this album has seen many a MPLS road in the dark). FACT. Actually, that's the only thing I wanted to get out of the way...

Anywho, I haven't found anything quite like this album. Recommend good electronica like said Ulver masterpiece.

Must be good for: dark rainfall and night-time escapades.

Future Sound of London - Dead Cities

OH FUCK YES. Even if Lifeforms is my favorite, that there matches ye description, which I fully agree with. Although lately I've found myself listening to the Silence EPs while driving around at night, particularly Darling Didn't We Kill You? on a rainy evening, wow.

Actually, you know what? I remember that Coil is a lot like this album (actually the other way around if you think who came first, but whatever). I highly recommend stuff off Coil's A Guide for Beginners for PC fans.

I think I have some Future Sound of London lying around here somewhere. I'll give 'em a listen again. Thanks for the recommendation. Keep them a coming!

Okay, so I'm listening to Future Sound of London and it's alright. It's a couple tunes off Accelerator. Not bad, but not as good as Ulver. I'd be interested to hear the stuff off the album you recommended. Have any MP3s?

I'm uploading them right now. I've been an FSOL fanboy for years and I don't even have that album, what I heard was just typical dance crap and that's not what made me love them.

Give it like 10 minutes or so, I'll have two more to follow.

Nigga-PUHLEAZE...

If you like these, definitely get Dead Cities. Then ISDN and their double album masterpiece Lifeforms, but stay far away from The Isness. More like The Shitness. [/not clever]

I don't know much about this kind of music, but Bohren Und Der Club of Gore reminds me a lot of Perdition City. And they're really good.