Nightingale at ProgPower 3

Charlie E.

Jan 2, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Well not really...
But they were playing some tracks off the new album between sets. It was pretty cool to hear how the album starts. It's like a blast from the past when you hear The Closing Chronicles themes(I lost the disc a long time ago :cry: ).
Unfortunately I didn't get to hear much past Shadowman.

But its cool to see him get some exposure. I hope Dan thinks about coming back for ProgPower 4.

Yeah, I was definitely excited to hear them playing some tracks from Alive Again. I was even more excited when I went to The End Records' booth and saw the cd available for purchase. I can't stop listening to the album. :D

It was so great seeing Nightingale at ProgPower 2. Dan's voice was phenomenal on "Nightfall Overture". I was really impressed that they were able to pull it off live and was also impressed with Dag's keyboard playing and guitar solos. They were my only reason for going to ProgPower that year. I'd definitely love to see them back at PP4. Seeing some of the Alive Again material live would make my year. :)

Originally posted by OpethianSoul
Yeah, I was definitely excited to hear them playing some tracks from Alive Again. I was even more excited when I went to The End Records' booth and saw the cd available for purchase. I can't stop listening to the album. :D

It was so great seeing Nightingale at ProgPower 2. Dan's voice was phenomenal on "Nightfall Overture". I was really impressed that they were able to pull it off live and was also impressed with Dag's keyboard playing and guitar solos.

:mad: :p :p :p

Originally posted by OpethianSoul

It was so great seeing Nightingale at ProgPower 2. Dan's voice was phenomenal on "Nightfall Overture". I was really impressed that they were able to pull it off live and was also impressed with Dag's keyboard playing and guitar solos. They were my only reason for going to ProgPower that year. I'd definitely love to see them back at PP4. Seeing some of the Alive Again material live would make my year. :)

I wish I had known they had it for sale there :mad:

They played a show in Motala, Sweden at the Motala Metalfest in order to raise money before coming to Atlanta in 2001. There was a limited edition live cd "Live at the Metalfest" sold that also had video of two songs if I recall. A guy I know gave me a copy of the cd since it was already sold out by the time I heard about it. :(

By the way, the setlist for the live cd was:

1. Nightfall Overture
2. Game Over
3. Scarred for Life
4. Losing Myself
5. Revival
6. Deep Inside of Nowhere
7. Steal the Moon
8. Black Tears
9. Sacrificed
10. Blood of My Enemies