Nightingale at Sweden Rock

stefan86

invariably off-topic
Feb 19, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
www.deathdoom.com
Anyone on UM who was there? I think it was a nice show despite the thin audience turnout. I also have a question; Does Dan usually play a right-hand guitar upside down or was it a one off thing? It sure looked quite "interesting" :p Sorry if I'm being a n00b asking this.

I think the show was great and the audience responce was excellent. We are not bigger than this in Sweden and honestly, I was surprised to see THAT many people showing up. The hour was cool, but I guess some potentials saw Sonata...while other geared up for Candlemass...I am beyond satified with the fact of being on the same poster as Styx and Kansas...kinda does it for me!! And the crowd singing the Black Tears chorus chant will be with me til I die!!!
I have always played the guitar upside down. Heavy metal was invented lefthanded with the strings reversed . Tony Iommi didn´t flip the strings until after writing the first and most evil Black Sabbath songs and Jimi Hendrix could play guitar this was just as good as with the strings reversed....so why bother????

Despite the cold weather and one poor finger i think it rocked !
We played better in Arvika the weekend before for a crowd about 5 drunks but that´s life.The audience was big enough to make my day and to share the bill with Styx ( the best band of the whole event ) and Kansas was a dream come, Thanks all you fans,foodmonsters,Gardens,dirty girls ect: see you some other time !

Awesome gig! I was a bit surprised to hear Eternal in a 40 min setlist but you handled it all very well, the sound wasn't the best in the front either but nevertheless, it fucking rocked! Can't wait to see you guys again. And thanks for signing my pants :)

One other thing.. there were some guys recording the gig with a video camera and since SRF hasn't said anything about Nightingale being on the upcoming sweden rock-dvd I have to ask if they just decided to exclude you or did they filmed you for some other purpose?

Yeah, that's the one. I thought there were more lurking around but I'm probably way off, thanks.

I'm surprised that you guys think the crowd was huge, but I guess it's just because I think Nightingale deserves even more. It sure was a nice little gig anyways. I believe the fact that Candlemass were on right after was one of the factors that made the attendence a bit lower. I can't really blame those people though, because Candlemass pretty much kicked the ass of the entire festival.

To me Nightingale and Sonata Arctica were the main attractions!! Fortunate eh?

Anyways, I left a truly great performance at Sweden Stage to make it just in time as Nightingale kicked of thiers. That much I like Nightingale! And I was not disappointed I can tell you (other than that the crowd was a bit small)! Thanks for a great show and your autographs :headbang: :headbang:

Some of the guys I talked with that were curious about Nightingale went to see Blackfoot instead, so you missed out a few there too.