Epic Nightingale Interview at Korroosio.fi

Feb 26, 2007
Had a long chat with Dan and Dag on friday afther the Helsinki show and here you can see the results. Unfortunately the interview is only in Finnish and it seems that it will stay that way at least for now since I'm very busy with other things right now and I don't know anyone who would translate the whole set into English anytime soon. Since I used my backup-recorder, the sound is so awfull that I won't be listening to that through again for English version. To be honest, I should have written it in English first and then translated it into Finnish just this time, but being stupid little fuck I didn't do that, muah!

Here it is: http://www.korroosio.fi/interviews.php?id=175

Stuff about the whole history of Nightingale, White Darkness and of course, about the future and Dan's stuff from Second Sky to so called "Moontower II" and from Obliterhate to everything else. Enjoy!

PS. And of course, If, I mean, IF, there's some who is willing to translate this whole thing, you can do it. Just let me know! It won't be 1:1 like the actual chat was that way, but at least it would be something. Nevertheless, the interview MIGHT come out in English too soon, if there's a miracle around.

my god, a treasure chest of swanoness and it's all in finnish? you gotta be kidding me :D 1st of april was yesterday, you bastard!

here's a chat from two Swanö fans regarding the finnish interivew ;)

Unicorn sagt (22:51):
want to know about second sky
maybe there are numbers
Unicorn sagt (22:52):
2008, 2010, 2020 tai vaikka 2070.
shit
:(
that seems to be the possible release years
Unicorn sagt (22:53):
deadlineen
and that sounds like deadline
Menno sagt (22:54):
haha
deadline 2070
haha
yeah
he wants to release it in 2074, on his 100th birthday
he will make a dealwith vic to release it in 2070, then it will get released in 2074
Unicorn sagt (22:54):
omg

here's a chat from two Swanö fans regarding the finnish interivew ;)

want to know about second sky
maybe there are numbers
2008, 2010, 2020 tai vaikka 2070.
shit
:(
that seems to be the possible release years
deadlineen
and that sounds like deadline
haha
deadline 2070
haha
yeah
he wants to release it in 2074, on his 100th birthday
he will make a dealwith vic to release it in 2070, then it will get released in 2074
Unicorn sagt (22:54):
omg

i cried laughing, tbh

No matter what you think, Finnish is the most manly language in the world. :rolleyes:It can´t be strighter. Too bad very few people in the world talk/understand it and i´m one of them.:cry:
But we talked about the usual stuff: cars, booze, sex, watermelons, growl,
men, the deep mening in the lyrics to "Piska mig" , the situation in Zimbawe ect. :rolleyes:

How about an initiative...say, whoever translates it first (NOT USING BABELFISH LOL) gets free merch?

And that show with Evergrey must have ROCKED. Tom Englund and Dan and Dag Swano on the same night? Awesome.

No matter what you think, Finnish is the most manly language in the world. :rolleyes:I can´t be strighter. Too bad very few people in the world talk/understand it and i´m one of them.:cry:
But we talked about the usual stuff: cars, booze, sex, watermelons, growl,
men, the deep mening in the lyrics to "Piska mig" , the situation in Zimbawe ect. :rolleyes:

it's all part of Dag's elaborate plan to get rid of Mugabe by playing Piska mig to get him to take his clothes off

I'm sorry if I understood something wrong, I'm too much an "outsider" for this, that interview is so long and detailed. And also I think that double translating will change it especially with my poor English. :( I know someone who cares about this though, so I still tried with the part with the numbers:

- -
Dan: Second Sky is a project, which differs from all other things I have done in a crucial way, and you don't need to talk about music here. I have already many times been close to getting it to the final end, but at the last moment before acting on it, continued slowly the building of the album and so the publishing of it has got prolonged, although I have never published any date for the release. It is an album which will come out when it is supposed to. Whether this is the year 2008, 2010, 2020 or even 2070. Second Sky has even more a psychological effect on me, than musical, because it has to be an extremely perfect album to myself, before I release it for the public. The world doesn't need to hear Second Sky, if it is not a perfect album, but I need it all the time. I would not be surprised if Nightingale would publish fifteen albums before I'll finish Second Sky, but I hope that realistically I will finish the album this year. But it doesn't need to be ready, so I will not force myself to anything still. It has existed in elementary level from year 1995 and in concrete level from year 2000.

In the middle of all waiting and wondering, it probably has not become clear for everyone, what Second Sly is really about, so maybe it would be good to open the curtains here a bit?

Dan: Narrowly said it contains unforgettable melodies, choruses, guitar walls, feelings and everything else with light and melodic sound world, extreme emotions, acoustic parts and minimalism combined with growing climaxes. Second Sky is a kind of condensation of my musical career and in a way it has everything what I am as a music listener, composer, player, producer and everything else related to music, which is why it is so important album that I do not want to ruin it by rushing myself to get it ready to a certain deadline. I know it will be ready when it is the right time for it and I know that to me it is the most important and best output ever. In case someone wants to set his imagination to fly a little concerning Second Sky, I would say that the closest relative to it is found from the Nightingale's Alive Again in the form of the song Eternal. A certain key factor of Second Sky can be felt in that song. I am sure that many will be surprised of how easy to adopt and even commercial it is, but it is that in my own way, and its not worth expecting a totally progressive work of art. I will tease you yet with that Second Sky is in a way about quite light my type of music with small progressive feeling, the final outcome polished to the hilt, for me feeling perfectly produced, and so on, but underneath all this there are melodic compositions which could be played with different productions all around the world.

I'm sorry if I understood something wrong, I'm too much an "outsider" for this, that interview is so long and detailed. And also I think that double translating will change it especially with my poor English. :( I know someone who cares about this though, so I still tried with the part with the numbers:

- -
Dan: Second Sky is a project, which differs from all other things I have done in a crucial way, and you don't need to talk about music here. I have already many times been close to getting it to the final end, but at the last moment before acting on it, continued slowly the building of the album and so the publishing of it has got prolonged, although I have never published any date for the release. It is an album which will come out when it is supposed to. Whether this is the year 2008, 2010, 2020 or even 2070. Second Sky has even more a psychological effect on me, than musical, because it has to be an extremely perfect album to myself, before I release it for the public. The world doesn't need to hear Second Sky, if it is not a perfect album, but I need it all the time. I would not be surprised if Nightingale would publish fifteen albums before I'll finish Second Sky, but I hope that realistically I will finish the album this year. But it doesn't need to be ready, so I will not force myself to anything still. It has existed in elementary level from year 1995 and in concrete level from year 2000.

In the middle of all waiting and wondering, it probably has not become clear for everyone, what Second Sly is really about, so maybe it would be good to open the curtains here a bit?

Dan: Narrowly said it contains unforgettable melodies, choruses, guitar walls, feelings and everything else with light and melodic sound world, extreme emotions, acoustic parts and minimalism combined with growing climaxes. Second Sky is a kind of condensation of my musical career and in a way it has everything what I am as a music listener, composer, player, producer and everything else related to music, which is why it is so important album that I do not want to ruin it by rushing myself to get it ready to a certain deadline. I know it will be ready when it is the right time for it and I know that to me it is the most important and best output ever. In case someone wants to set his imagination to fly a little concerning Second Sky, I would say that the closest relative to it is found from the Nightingale's Alive Again in the form of the song Eternal. A certain key factor of Second Sky can be felt in that song. I am sure that many will be surprised of how easy to adopt and even commercial it is, but it is that in my own way, and its not worth expecting a totally progressive work of art. I will tease you yet with that Second Sky is in a way about quite light my type of music with small progressive feeling, the final outcome polished to the hilt, for me feeling perfectly produced, and so on, but underneath all this there are melodic compositions which could be played with different productions all around the world.

*OMG*

and I will not ever hear anything about "poor English", that´s so not true!

Kiitos paljon!!!

:worship:

:)

"I would say that the closest relative to it is found from the Nightingale's Alive Again in the form of the song Eternal."

ZOMG. BEST. SONG. EVER!

I think Eternal is a bit too long but the last 2 minutes compensate for the long (and at times boring) journey. Given the descriptions of Second Sky i've been reading, i'll probably not fully enjoy it but who knows... I'll give it a try anyway.

Thanks for translating that. Sorry for beeing a n00b, but I actually didn't know what Second Sky was really until I just read this.

Considering Eternal is one of my favourite Nightingale songs, i'm very much anticipating this.

Kudos for the translation.