Nightingale in Media: White Darkness

Feb 26, 2007
Nightingale hasn't ever been as noticed in media as it should be but when talking about albums like I, Alive Again and Invisible, there were at least some interviews and reviews online here and there. Even in print medias. Now when the White Darkness came out I think there hasn't been almost anything anywhere. Or is there? There were probably not so many promotional copies of the album available from Black Mark but there should still be some reviews and stuff here and there.

I write to Finnish webzine called Korroosio.fi and here's my White Darkness review. Sorry, it's in Finnish but at least the 5/5 should tell you guys something too. But I'm not here to advertise that but to gather some other media stuff about Nightingale.

And yeah, I will do an interview with Dag and Dan soon and I think that one will be translated into English too. Just like the Bloodbath interview few years back.

Nice of K to recognise the qualities of the album although he's not a Nightingale fan. Most reviewers would've just bashed away.

Awesome interview.

"DAN: It’s the ONLY personal album we ever did. All the other stuff was science fiction lyrics. It was hard to write about “family matters” but it was something that I needed to do. Now it is one and I like how I feel today."

Wasn't I personal?

Question about Bloodbath: You “promised” a recording (DVD) of the Gig in Wacken 2005. When can one expect it? Would be very sad if the great gig wouldn’t be available on DVD.

DAN: The negotiations between the band and the label broke down. As far as I know, the DVD is never to be released.

Crap, I was looking forward to that :(

Dahhhhhn said:
And what do you think about the solo album “Moontower” nowadays?! Do you think it would be better to record it again and sing it with a clear voice, without the “growls-like”? And what about a “Moontower” Volume 2, may with some deeper voice? What was the reason to “end” the project after one record?

DAN: No way. “Moontower” is exactly what I wanted to do and the contrast between the music and vocals are perfect. For me it would be weird to re-record. A bit like re-record White Darkness and growl all over the place:).

Lol, growl all over White Darkness :) Give us a growling demo of Fields of Life!

You didn't get a review in Sweden Rock this time, did you? I'd be curious to see how White Darkness would do in Leader of the Pack. Beats the crap out of most album that has been up there the last couple of years...