Nightingale / Black Mark Tribute

Skaldir

formerly known as Unicorn
Nov 3, 2001
Germany
www.kalthallen.de
Hello,
just wanted to ask if someone has the tribute CD's on whom Nightingale plays covers from "Uriah Heep" and "Emerson,Lake and Palmer". It's really great, I only can recommend it to people who like Dan's vocals. Brilliant!

The "Return to fantasy" cover is great. I like most of the cover versions Dan recorded, anyway. "Melissa" is very cool, too. I let a friend, a complete Mercyful Fate and King Diamond fan listen to it, and he was surprised how well Dan did it.
Which one was the "ELP" song?
I only remember having the "Country Girl"cover version somewhere in my collection. Fun stuff! :D

I must say the only thing Dan's done that I don't enjoy (and I've heard everything he's done [that's been released, that is] except for Wounded Knee) is the Sisters of Mercy cover he did.. I just could not get into it.

I don't know if I could pick a favorite Swano cover.. It'd probably be tied between 'Melissa' and 'Blood of my Enemies.'

@Markus: Gute Frage, keine Ahnung! :D

I never heard that ELP song. Where can I get the sampler? Or, is there any other way to get a recording of this song? Don't know if it has been published elsewhere.
I want to complete my collection!

I guess you'll get the song from Black Mark, too. The sampler is nearly the same that the one you have, only part 2!! It's really great. I got it from ebay.

Heheh, I got no sampler. I got this cover version directly from Dag, via ICQ. That was last year, I think.
But I will see to it that I complete my collection, anyway. Just takes time as some of the stuff is hard to get, really...
This is more an insider thing, but every song`s like a golden nugget you have to dig up... :)

Id have to say melissa is my favorite cover that dan did...its one of the few covers if not the only one that ive thought was better than the original song. however, im not much of a king/mercyful fan, so im sure that probably has something to do with it! hehe