Cover Songs By Dan Swano?

Eyesore

Apr 9, 2002
Boston
www.eyesoretimes.com
Hey,

I'm trying to collect the albums that features Swano covers. So far I only have the Curse Of The Demon CD with Mercyful Fate cover (Melissa).

I know of the following:

A Black Mark Tribute I: Nightingale - Return to Fantasy (Uriah Heep)

A Black Mark Tribute II: Nightingale - C'est La Vie (Greg Lake)

Holy Dio - A Tribute To Dio: Dan Swano & Peter Tagtren - Country Girl (Dio)

What are the others? I know there is a Genesis cover out there, what is that? Are there more? I know it's probably been mentioned here before, but I couldn't find the search function here (am I blind?).

Also, please don't get e-pissy with me if I asked a question that's been answered before, that is extremely annoying. :D

There is a cover of Unicorn performing "Afterglow" by Genesis on a 2CD tribute entitled 'The River Of Constant Change.' It was put out by MELLOW records (an Italian record label) a few years back. It has since been out of print...it's a hard find, but some pretty cool covers on there, especially the nicely done "Afterglow"! Good luck in your searching!

Edge of Sanity also does the Police "Invisible Sun"

Allen

Eyesore said:
Hey,

I know of the following:

A Black Mark Tribute I: Nightingale - Return to Fantasy (Uriah Heep)

Not sure about that one, but there is a tribute to Uriah Heep called "Return To Fantasy" that contains Nightingale doing "Stealin'". It was put out by Century Media in 2003 (CD 77401-2).

There is also a cover of "Lucretia, My Reflection" by The Sisters Of Mercy out there as well. I am still trying to source the original, so cannot provide details at the moment. I believe it was released on a TSOM tribute and was recorded in Dan's name.

Infestdead did Black Night (Deep Purple) in Jesusatan CD.

in the EoS compilation there are some more covers:
another version of Blood Of My Enemies (Manowar)
Kill The Police (Cryptic Death)
Mother (Danzig)
Criminally Insane (Slayer)
I Wanna Go Home (Sator)

min said:
Infestdead did Black Night (Deep Purple) in Jesusatan CD.

in the EoS compilation there are some more covers:
another version of Blood Of My Enemies (Manowar)
Kill The Police (Cryptic Death)
Mother (Danzig)
Criminally Insane (Slayer)
I Wanna Go Home (Sator)

I really like the Sator cover. Btw. it's not Dan singing it.
And in the Danzig cover Dan wasn't involved. It's done by the "Cryptic"-album EOS guys

burton said:
Whoa, anyone know where I can find the cover of Mother? Even if it was done by the Cryptic line-up.

It is on the double cd Evolution

Edge-of-Sanity-Evolution.jpg

the liner notes in the booklet say that it is also on a compilation album released by Black Mark ... but I don't which.

min said:
It is on the double cd Evolution

Edge-of-Sanity-Evolution.jpg

the liner notes in the booklet say that it is also on a compilation album released by Black Mark ... but I don't which.

Black Mark Tribute Vol. II has "Mother" on it, also there is "C'est La Vie" by Greg Lake as covered by Nightingale.

It is definitely worth picking up, there is also a fantastic cover of Abba's "Money, Money, Money" by Mental Crypt. :headbang:

I finally got that Black Mark Tribute (vol 1) CD. I have to say that in Nightingale´s Return To Fantasy, Dan´s voice sounds least like himself_ever. I mean you can still recognize it, but maybe it would have taken me dozens of listens to realize if I hadn´t known it before. :loco: There are just slight parts of the song where it is completely obvious (to me).
Nothing wrong with that, just wondering.

Quorthon´s God Save The Queen is :tickled: And then I like MUCH Tad Morose´s "Power Of The Night" but I always like their vocalist, just normally the regular songs don´t do much for me.

And since there is no thread for this, I just have to add that I do have my ticket for ProgPower Europe and thus go see November´s Doom :cool:

fireangel said:
I finally got that Black Mark Tribute (vol 1) CD. I have to say that in Nightingale´s Return To Fantasy, Dan´s voice sounds least like himself_ever. I mean you can still recognize it, but maybe it would have taken me dozens of listens to realize if I hadn´t known it before. :loco: There are just slight parts of the song where it is completely obvious (to me).
Nothing wrong with that, just wondering.

His voice sounds so cool on this track Yeah, it sounds different. Harder, draconic... maybe he visited the dentist before recording. :)

"C'est la vie" from the other Black Mark tribute is also really nice. What I like about the two tracks is, that they are in the "Breathing Shadow"-mood. And that's a good thing

Unicorn said:
His voice sounds so cool on this track Yeah, it sounds different. Harder, draconic... maybe he visited the dentist before recording. :)

"C'est la vie" from the other Black Mark tribute is also really nice. What I like about the two tracks is, that they are in the "Breathing Shadow"-mood. And that's a good thing

What about the song "Black Tears" that appears on the Nightingale DVD and the Invisible release boot? Is that a cover?

Nightingale also covered Edge Of Sanity's Losing Myself (Infernal) in Nightfall Overture album :loco:

and swano, akerfeldt and another dude covered Judas Priest covering Fleetwood Mac's The Green Manalish :loco: o_O :loco:

:D

min said:
Nightingale also covered Edge Of Sanity's Losing Myself (Infernal) in Nightfall Overture album :loco:

and swano, akerfeldt and another dude covered Judas Priest covering Fleetwood Mac's The Green Manalish :loco: o_O :loco:

:D

..and Dan coverd Alphaville's "Forever Young" with Subway Mirror.