Nightingale DVD

Kloris said:
Fag. I don't want some half-ass DVD that you have to buy off the net, make a real effort and record a good gig, like the Opeth DVD or something - I bought it at the store the day it came out. Quit being lazy arses!

I guess the budget we get for makin an entire album with cover and all is the same as "Opeths" beer budget for a recording:D Even compared with "Bloodbath" we are almost nothing in terms of budget. I guess more people want to hear Dan growl than sing

Gurgelguff said:
I guess more people want to hear Dan growl than sing

Yea, Edge of Sanity is by far his best selling musical output isn't it? It's so strange to me.. oh well! We can feel special about being part of something with a small "cult" following!!

I didn't mean to pop off like that, I am sorry... I just want a well-put together DVD, that's how huge of a fan I am... I just didn't write the thread in such a good way. I want a great DVD with good video and audio quality and an hour and a half atleast of material and behind the scene and documentary stuff... So I am sorry for making it look like a troll thing LOL X_X But I guess it kinda was.. >.<

Gurglepuff: Are you in the band? O_O! Nice to meet you?! X_X

Gurgleguff = Tom Nouga = Dag Swanö = Dan's brother. yeah, he's in the band and wrote some of the songs. (Rhythm, Lead, & Acoustic guitars. Keyboards according to the site description.)
Maron = Erik Oskarsson, also in the band. (Bass)

Awesome X_X
I'm sorry I said bad stuff at you, Gurglepuff.... Can you send me an autographed nightingale cd collection for free? :D You can reach me through pm! :D

Gurgelguff said:
I guess the budget we get for makin an entire album with cover and all is the same as "Opeths" beer budget for a recording:D Even compared with "Bloodbath" we are almost nothing in terms of budget. I guess more people want to hear Dan growl than sing
It couldn't be that bad, man! I have a camcorder that records a decent movie, and I can make it a mpg on the computer which I can then burn to a DVD disc, all of this costing no money at all (unless I have to buy new tapes or something) but anyway it shouldn't be that bad! Just make your own DVDs like that, and print out a label (buy a cheap label making kit from Wal Mart) and put the labels on your DVDs yourself, and just put them in a slip case... like those ones made from paper with the hole in the front so you can see the CD...

It wouldn't be a big fancy case and stuff but the DVD would look sweet and you could maybe sell 100 of them on the net or something.. maybe more.. I dunno... I'm just rambling cause I'm stupid.. :(

Maron said:
Hi there

We are actually planning some kind of DVD. We have som great recordings to share. So the question is: when? Hopefully very soon. Mr Gurgelguff will do the "clipping and cutting". First we (we means Dan:Spin: ) must finalize the new CD, which by the way will sound great:headbang: . More news on this DVD subject will follow...

:OMG:
I see some forumist are complaining about nightingale making an homemade DVD, my message to you are SHUT THE F*** UP!! Homemade or not, I`m dying to see some live footage of the best band on the face of this planet, in fact I`ve been waiting for this to happen for years. There were some videoclips on the swano.com website earlier which was great to watch on my laptop, but an homemade DVD to watch on my televisionscreen - thats something different, something I can`t wait for to happen!!! :headbang:

Still looking forward for the new album of re-recorded songs. Please keep us updated in the progress of making the Second Sky album. Count me in for one copy of that DVD you are working to finish.

Odyssey - Amon Ra

Oinkness said:
It couldn't be that bad, man! I have a camcorder that records a decent movie, and I can make it a mpg on the computer which I can then burn to a DVD disc, all of this costing no money at all

That´s exactly what we gonna do. Most of the footage is from a TV show, with closeups so close that you can see Erik´s lack of hair and Tom´s tattoos really close:D A few tracks is from Atlanta and two tracks from the first N.G gig ever in -98 ( with a different drummer ) All the tracks from "Closing" is included and 3 of them is only performed live once ( Thoughts, So Long, Intermezzo )
Home made or not i think it rocks :headbang:

Gurgelguff said:
Oinkness said:
It couldn't be that bad, man! I have a camcorder that records a decent movie, and I can make it a mpg on the computer which I can then burn to a DVD disc, all of this costing no money at all

That´s exactly what we gonna do. Most of the footage is from a TV show, with closeups so close that you can see Erik´s lack of hair and Tom´s tattoos really close:D A few tracks is from Atlanta and two tracks from the first N.G gig ever in -98 ( with a different drummer ) All the tracks from "Closing" is included and 3 of them is only performed live once ( Thoughts, So Long, Intermezzo )
:OMG: AWESOME

Gurgelguff said:
Oinkness said:

I have no hair???:cry:

Lol... Just cram as much content into the DVD as you can and I'm sure you'd sell a bunch of them! Make band interviews and stuff also.. :D

And some advice on the selling, you gotta offer more payment plans than paypal... like money orders and stuff! Maybe even credit cards.... :yuk:

Its weird, how bands like Green Carnation who have had 2 cds can get a dvd yet you guys cant.
is it the label your on, or maybe this is the first time Nightingale has actually been a band. Maybe with some touring and stuff you'll get a bigger budget.
Eitherway its a ripoff

Silent Song said:
message for you:

stfu.

these guys work their asses off every day. what contribution have you made to the music world? zip? zero? zilch? don't start shit with Dan, or anybody else here cause this is a courtesy they're doing for us fans. if you don't like it, then don't post in this thread.
Agreed too.
Good to see that he's banned....

It would not matter much if they had truckloads of money from Bathory, because most likely labels check if their investment pays off, and this to each band separately.
If you want the label to give you a lot of money in advance, they will try make sure that they´ll get it back somehow later, which would not only mean marketing, but also lots of touring and the likes (someone else suggested this above, too).
They maybe wont invest much in marketing, since Nightingale´s following is more "cult" than "underground mainstream" and concerning touring, you people probably heard that Dan is not hugely into touring (I don´t mean that he won´t enjoy his gigs to come, of course, but that he prefers not to be on the road for weeks and months).

So I don´t see why Black Mark would give a huge budget for a DVD and then they can aswell do it homemade, like is now planned.