Nightingale question--please answer

Oliwa29

Jul 29, 2001
Waycross,Georgia, USA
Visit site
Maybe someone can help me here.. A couple of years ago I downloaded an mp3 titled "Son of I". I have yet to buy the album "I" but again got some mp3's of it and I noticed the song Drowning in Sadness has almost identical vocal patterns and lyrics as well as the music to the aforementioned "Son of I". Only difference with Drowning in Sadness is the introduced gothic style voice, keyboard parts, some guitar work and more added vocals but overall it's the same song. Now my question is, where the hell does "Son of I" come from? It almost sounds more Edge of Sanityish or something but I'm not for sure because I haven't heard it in a long time. Or did the guy who encoded the mp3 just totally get the title wrong and it's actually just another track off of "I"?

Ah, that's a question for experts. Like me. :rolleyes:
I think the track "Son of I" was a medley of some songs from the "I" album.
Dan and Dag chose to make a meldey mp3 instead of a whole song as a teaser.

No, it wasn't a medley or teaser but a complete song. And I remember liking it a bit better than Drowning In Sadness although DIS is still very good. I plan on buying "I" soon anyway, I just always wondered about "Son of I". I still have the track with my old computer files somewhere. Maybe I can find it and upload it somewhere, so you can hear it and tell me if I'm wrong. Thanks though.:D