Nightingale Remix

Nice touch-up work on the tracks. Dry and clearer vocals on the verses. The snare drum really has a presence now too. Much more in-your-face than the original mix. I like the way the guitars build up on the second verse too.

Question for Dan: Did you use the T.C. Three Way compressor on the vocals this time around?

Wow thanks Tom! I love "I" with a passion, but my only complaint was the vocal production. The vox were amazing, but the reverb and stuff on the vox seem to muddle up Dan's voice on the lowe end. ALso, the remix once again proves his natural voice can carry the song without a heaping of effects (the way his voice sounded so natural in Closing CHronicles). Damn cool.

Glad you like it !

I think it sounds a lot better and so does Dan. I agree with Sadistik in his opinion about the vocals. Mabye we´ll have some more remixes in the future ?

I think "The closing chronicles" has the best sound overall from all albums. But the remix-sound is really good again. Kind of soundcheck for the new album??
Of course we would like to have some more remixes. :)
There is a part in "Alonely" (which is one hell of song, I think!!) where Dan sings, "If I could have some peace" but it sound like "cheese". It really shocked me the first time!! :eek:

I am one who always has to read lyrics in the cover to know what they are no matter who is singing them and in what style. It sucks really. =( However I have heard PEACE here from day one. Pretty funny though, hehe.

I wasn't sure about this at first because without the effects it kind of lost something atmospheric that the whole 'I' album has. But then I have wished at times that the vocals on the album were a little less buried. So now I'm just glad I can listen to both.

It would be cool to hear remixes of the other songs too.

There's a saying in the studio world
"The vocalist should never mix the album"
"I" is proof enough!!!
I'd spend a few months of my life mixing and redoing vocals for that album..in the end I heard the vocals in my head even in my sleep...The whole whole production is a mess on that album. Much due to the fact that it was the first album I even mixed on my new Apple setup. I didn't have any good monitors to work on and I just spent too much time getting back where I was with the old setup down at the Sanctuary (RIP) Anyway..the music still speaks and I will make sure that the next Nightingale album sounds as good as possible...

About "Alonely"...The vocals on that songs is weird...Arjen yelled at me "Why do you sing that great track with your fucking mouth closed???" and I was like.....ehhhrrrr...I don't know..Those summerdays in my closet (The only place where I didn't get the cats, busses and the TV on tape with the vocals!!!!) was very weird...

Originally posted by Dan Swanö
There's a saying in the studio world
"The vocalist should never mix the album"
"I" is proof enough!!!
Those summerdays in my closet (The only place where I didn't get the cats, busses and the TV on tape with the vocals!!!!) was very weird...

When I was recording one of the vocal tracks for my band's album, a cat walked in the room and meowed. It's timing was actually pretty good so we left the meow in, and you can hear it on the CD.

I actually think the snare sounds like the snare on "Leprosy". That '86 album from "Death". I remember, every Deathmetal-guy wanted that sound back then. And you are using it for Nightingale. ;)
The vocals are much better now. And they don't sound like "Leprosy". :)