NIGHTMARE METAL FEST II

Hmm...Jag Panzer is really the only band announced. The rest are Nightmare Records label bands. Not as intriqing a lineup as I had hoped so far. Sorry.

Geez, give them a chance to get it all on the table before crapping on it. Like Militia2000 said though, it is a Nightmare festival so one would expect some or even most of the bands to come from the Nightmare family of artist. Why bother announcing? Well, they wont all be there now will they?

Why would there not be mostly Nightmare metal acts playing??? Lets put on a fest and not have any of our bands play it.

Would love to see Scelerata or Alkymest play here one day.

Patience, it's not going to be an all Nightmare band festival, however there will be a few of those for sure ; ) We had a couple of major sponsored headliners confirmed but but they had to drop out at the last minute, (main reason for the delayed announcement, we have 3 other headliners (all non-nightmare bands) that we are talking with at the moment. And for the record, Mindwarp Chamber isn't a Nightmare band.

Feel free to post in our forum ; )

The rest are Nightmare Records label bands. Not as intriqing a lineup as I had hoped so far. Sorry.
As others have rightly said, one would expect the Nightmare Metal Fest to be heavy on Nightmare artists. Personally, I think Nightmare has done an excellent job of inking some of the best new Prog and Power talent out there. I spent a few hours one night, checking out all the Nightmare artists, and found myself quite impressed with their stable of acts.

Zod

As others have rightly said, one would expect the Nightmare Metal Fest to be heavy on Nightmare artists. Personally, I think Nightmare has done an excellent job of inking some of the best new Prog and Power talent out there. I spent a few hours one night, checking out all the Nightmare artists, and found myself quite impressed with their stable of acts.

Zod

Thanks ZOD, you comments are always a breathe of fresh aire, and always provide a non-bias insight into music.

Seriously, the owner of Nightmare puts this fest on, so it's only natural that a lot of his bands are on the bill. However, this is only the first announcement of bands, and it's probably only around 1/3 to 1/2 of the bill. Some of the other headliners that are in the works as of now will impress all of you, as Lance is really stepping this year's version of the show up quite a bit. We're very excited to be a part of it this year.

Zod

Exactly right. I know I speak from a biased perspective -- since I've worked with Lance -- but I've always thought the Nightmare label was one of the best in the U.S. for bringing fresh, well-made metal to the masses. I enjoy Lance's enthusiasm and expertise. He's what the record labels of old used to be: run by music lovers, not suits.

I hope for a slew of Nightmare bands at the Nightmare Metal Fest. In fact, a fest consisting solely of Nightmare bands would intrigue me. Non-Nightmare bands are just icing on the cake.

I haven't seen Jag Panzer in quite a few years. I've always enjoyed their sound and think their live show is quite energetic.

So, hats off to Zod for hitting the nail on the head. Hats off to Lance and team for putting together a compelling metal fest. :kickass:

Bill

Hey so far it sounds like a great show, I hate that I will not be able to make it. And Nightmare does have some of the better new bands, just look how many Nightmare bands make thier way to ProgPower. (Just throwing this out there, I would love to see Alkemyst at ProgPower)

TODAY THEY GO ON SALE.

PLATINUM MEMBERS -limited passes will include

*Early entry for bands Sound checks and first pick at Vendor tables
*VIP Grab Bag of goodies
*Access to VIP areas
*EAT AND GREET Luncheon with Bands
*Two FREE Drink coupons per night
*Pre-Party Access
*First Chance for 2010 Platinum Member Passes

*Eat and greet luncheon will also have a silent auction available of personal and musical items brought by the bands themselves.

NEXT TWO BANDS ANNOUNCED IN OUR FORUM! Come join the party!

The Next two bands announced for NIGHTMARE METAL FESTIVAL are.

IMAGIKA - the long running San Jose Calif Thrash metal band
www.myspace.com/imagikametal
www.imagikametal.com

FUTURE'S END - A new progressive metal band from Calif. featuring former members of TESTAMENT Steve DiGiorgio, Jon Allen
www.myspace.com/futuresendband

Forum
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/n...etal-fest-474/

www.NightmareMetalFest.com

www.myspace.com/NightmareMetalFestival

www.myspace.com/lancekingvox

Both Met-Al and I wish we could go to this. However, the timing for my Spring Break couldn't be worse. It's the week before the metal festival! The metal gods mock me. *shakes fist*

Those of you that are going: Have a great time! :)

:headbang:
NEXT TWO BANDS ANNOUNCED IN OUR FORUM! Come join the party!

The Next two bands announced for NIGHTMARE METAL FESTIVAL are.

IMAGIKA - the long running San Jose Calif Thrash metal band
www.myspace.com/imagikametal
www.imagikametal.com

FUTURE'S END - A new progressive metal band from Calif. featuring former members of TESTAMENT Steve DiGiorgio, Jon Allen
www.myspace.com/futuresendband

Forum

www.NightmareMetalFest.com

www.myspace.com/NightmareMetalFestival

www.myspace.com/lancekingvox

Everyone please go to the NIGHTMARE METAL FESTIVAL Forum for the latest update to the line-up, you will be pleasantly surprised.