Nightmares by the sea:discussion

paradoxile

Den Sista Ljusbäraren
Jul 20, 2004
Israel
myspace.com
I don't know about you but when I first heard the song I thought it was queens of the the stone age...every single element in this song including Jonas' vocals sounding like Josh Homme made me think of QOTSTA

what do you think about this song?

I really like that song, definately has a very "90's" feel to it which I think identifies it as a cover within the scope of their catalog. I've never heard the original, I've only heard Jeff Buckley's first and only complete album. How does it compare?

I never heard heard buckley's version
but anyway "R"(or "Rated R"-depeneds whether it's an american or european edition) is an excellent album...
songs for the deaf is great too...

You must hear Buckleys versions...infact purchase Sketches for My Sweetheart The Drunk...I prefer it to Grace...Much more darker and interesting songwriting.

Katatonia version gives it much more depth also...very dark.

paradoxile said:
I never heard heard buckley's version
but anyway "R"(or "Rated R"-depeneds whether it's an american or european edition) is an excellent album...
songs for the deaf is great too...
Don't forget lullabies to paralyze! gotta love that qotsa :worship:

the buckley original is great, but he has other songs that are greater :)
I realy truly madly deeply (yes, i recited a savage garden song!) love his version of Hallelujah, by leonard cohen..

BlueSky said:
Don't forget lullabies to paralyze! gotta love that qotsa :worship:

I didn't forget it. didn't forget the the first self titled album either I just didn't like those two
besides lullabies was made without Nick Oliveri.QOTSA without Nick is Like ehm today's Katatonia with only one Norrman.

Hobo said:
the buckley original is great, but he has other songs that are greater :)
I realy truly madly deeply (yes, i recited a savage garden song!) love his version of Hallelujah, by leonard cohen..
and i really love his version of lilac wine, by shelton. :)

@para: it's true, lullabies has been made without nick but hey... i'm really sure (*cough*) you enjoyed at least 'skin on skin', didn't you? :D

I like Rated R and Self-Titled the best. I just can't get over Better Living Through Chemistry. I love that song.

You're making me curious.
I haven't heard the original version of that song yet... but I really like the Kata version [also quite good to sing along ;)] ... so maybe the time has come to compare both ...

Me neither, and I really like the Katz version. I've heard other songs from Jeff but I didn't like it that much... anyway, this was quite a long time ago, so maybe it's time for me to give it another listen, specially to that song in particular. A friend of mine likes him very much and she was the one that sent me some songs a long ago, so I could ask her again.

Reactions: Skaldir
Jeff was a great composer/guitar player and i have been listening to him since Grace, witch in my opinion is his best (on only finished??) studio album!

al tracks on "grace" stands out as incredibly songs, but "if I have to choose a "best of Grace" I'd say Dream Brother. So melancholic and dark. The opening riff is great, (and not written by Buckly btw :) )

And "hallelujah"...
:OMG:
Me and a friend recorded some songs a couple of years ago, and we even dared to put "hallelujah2 and "lilac wine" on tape. Her voice is very special, and honesty I never thought she would manage to bring the song justice. but the result was great. Maybe the best tracks on that session.

Jeff20Buckley.jpg

Reactions: Skaldir