Nightmares By The Sea

eternalhours

Apr 1, 2003
Peterborough, UK
www.faceparty.com
I watched the Jeff Buckley Documentary on BBC2 the other day. A song was played and I recognised the lyrics to be from Nightmares By The Sea. Exactly the same lyrics and played the same, etc.

Just want to check :)D) if anyone knows if Katatonia did cover the song?

Yeah, i watched that documentary too.

and i dont know if i get you completely but yes katatonia did cover it, seeing as it says that in the tonights decision booklet...

anywho i think its alright they covered the song, because it was unfinished, so in a way, Katatonia finished it, in another way however, they didnt. :p

eternalhours said:
I watched the Jeff Buckley Documentary on BBC2 the other day. A song was played and I recognised the lyrics to be from Nightmares By The Sea. Exactly the same lyrics and played the same, etc.

Just want to check :)D) if anyone knows if Katatonia did cover the song?

Yes Katatonia covered it. It's from "Sketches for my sweetheart the drunk", released after JB's death.

yeah nightmares by the sea is on 'sketches for my sweetheart the drunk' released shortly after jeff buckley died. its covered on tonights decision (very well might I add).

Yes, it seems to be the choice if you want to cover JB, I could name at least 10 songs I like more, starting with "Dream Brother". I don't really think Katatonia did much with the song, and it's crazy talk to say that they finished it. They pretty much played it like the version on sfMSTD.

Allan said:
Yes, it seems to be the choice if you want to cover JB, I could name at least 10 songs I like more, starting with "Dream Brother". I don't really think Katatonia did much with the song, and it's crazy talk to say that they finished it. They pretty much played it like the version on sfMSTD.

its a lot different, haven't you heard the original? :erk:

its sung differently, the chorus is sung a lot differently and it sounds different. and i said different/ly more than i should have, but im tired and dont have a thesaurus.

_Transparent_ said:
its a lot different, haven't you heard the original? :erk:

its sung differently, the chorus is sung a lot differently and it sounds different. and i said different/ly more than i should have, but im tired and dont have a thesaurus.

If anything, I haven't heard Katatonia's version enough. Heard it a couple of times and pretty much thought it was boring. This will probably make me take a closer listen, but I doubt I will change my mind.

I love Jeff Buckley. I heard 'Last Goodbye' and then had to get Grace.
Tonights Decision was a hard album to get into for me, but I love it now. Katatonia's version of 'Nightmares By The Sea' is different to the original, but it's still very good.