Nightmares Made Flesh

Here's the version I was talking about.

promo.jpg

Oinkness said:
I know Mike used a heavy effect on his voice on RTC, though that wasn't the point. Mike has done a ton of material with no effects (except maybe reverb) but Tagtren's stuff is all jam-packed with his warble effect. x.x

hey kid... r u fukkin kiddin me?!?
i got 3 words for ya to look up...eq, compressor, reverb.....ok?

that shit doesnt lead anywhere....hell, if i played a guitar lead with delay - would my riff be fake?!?

good...

so... i was amazed seeing tägtgren deliver in that vocal booth and i was (as far as being a vocalist myself) even jealouz how he could produce those batlike screams by will... and if as that wouldnt be enuff - go see him live in action on stage... that would shut yer mouth...

and regarding mike... u dont even wanna go there....

Blakkheim said:
hey kid... r u fukkin kiddin me?!?
i got 3 words for ya to look up...eq, compressor, reverb.....ok?

that shit doesnt lead anywhere....hell, if i played a guitar lead with delay - would my riff be fake?!?

good...

so... i was amazed seeing tägtgren deliver in that vocal booth and i was (as far as being a vocalist myself) even jealouz how he could produce those batlike screams by will... and if as that wouldnt be enuff - go see him live in action on stage... that would shut yer mouth...

and regarding mike... u dont even wanna go there....
Guitar is COMPLETELY different than singing, whereas with guitar you are supposed to use distortion, or various other guitar effects.. When you use such effects with vocals, like distortion or detune them or whatever situation, it starts to be less real. I've never seen Hypocrisy live but I saw Opeth on their DVD, that was pretty breathtaking o_O I have a bootleg of Katatonia playing Teargas from when Last Fair Deal was a new album :p

Death's Design was awezome..

But anyway back to the topic... Mike doesn't use effects on Opeth records on his voice (except for in like the last song on Deliverance) but Tagtren uses "chorus" I think it is, on his vocals. I been using the chorus effect through my pedal on my guitar, it raises the sound a little and drops back down to give it sort of that old organ type of bad-recording type sound. So yeah, I would consider something like that on vocals to be dragging down the performance, though the performance under the effect is awesome, it has less of an impact that way. :dopey:

Oh, and I am not a kid. I am 18.

Oinkness said:
Guitar is COMPLETELY different than singing, whereas with guitar you are supposed to use distortion, or various other guitar effects.. When you use such effects with vocals, like distortion or detune them or whatever situation, it starts to be less real. I've never seen Hypocrisy live but I saw Opeth on their DVD, that was pretty breathtaking o_O I have a bootleg of Katatonia playing Teargas from when Last Fair Deal was a new album :p

Death's Design was awezome..

But anyway back to the topic... Mike doesn't use effects on Opeth records on his voice (except for in like the last song on Deliverance) but Tagtren uses "chorus" I think it is, on his vocals. I been using the chorus effect through my pedal on my guitar, it raises the sound a little and drops back down to give it sort of that old organ type of bad-recording type sound. So yeah, I would consider something like that on vocals to be dragging down the performance, though the performance under the effect is awesome, it has less of an impact that way. :dopey:

Oh, and I am not a kid. I am 18.

hahah what bumping threads can do.....well.... hahaha... actually....oh man.... hahahahah ok...*focus*... thanks for the informative lesson in effects and the facts on the process mike and peter undergoes in the studio... i cant believe i didnt see u all that time being there... oh wait a minute... i remember something.... u couldn't have been...its not possible.... that insect that flew around....wow
:OMG: