Nightmares Made Flesh

Nuclear Abominations

New Metal Member
Feb 24, 2006
Well, let's start by saying I'm still kinda obsessed by old school death metal. I am totally into all those great acts that crammed my mailbox during the first half of the nineties, from nihilist and carnage to house of usher, obscuriy, uncanny, embryo, pestigore, decortication, darkified, moral decay, purtenance, decollation etc etc. I listen to some othe rstuff as well, but my favourite genre is definitely that of old D.M. made in Sweden/Finland.
Now even after all these years, submerged as I am with all that shit that I have to endure in my ears each day (I run a small music shop), sometimes I have good surprises that hold my interest high. Some bands manage to recapture the magic spirit behind that obscure sound (ah the darkness! Might that be the Autopsy spectre that hovered above it all?) even today. Crucifire from Australia are that great, actually. Check them out.
But when I heard Bloodbath i was shot in the head so great the groove, so strong the feeling in the chords. It took me 1 second to become a total fanatic. I am ashamed I didnt check the band earlier than 2003. I don't know exactly what is going on there, but the Resurrection album has all the best elements of genuine Death Metal. Even the cover art is sick as fck. It roars as loud as the Entombed's But Life Goes on demo. It has nothing to do with ludicrous attenmpts like those of Massive Assault or Chaosbreed. They try, but they just don't have IT. Bloodbath has IT. Or better yet, they HAD IT.
When I heard the last album "Nightmares" it was a huge disappointment. I can't really believe how damn banal it sounds. It has no groove at all. It is happy. All the riffs are so clean, so clear cut they seem to be taken out of any 2nd class americal death metal band of today. Where the hell has the obscurity and sickness gone?? Was that Peter who landed that commercial seed in that toroughly fantastic war machine that Bloodbath was before his arrival?

I will TRY to ignore this false step (luckily I sold that copy I wanted to keep for me in the second hand shelf the day after I got it), and cross my fingers that now he has gone away I can get some more old school death instead of that damn aggro-nu-metal garbage.

Please make a step back!

I kind iof agree. I don`t think NMF is a bad album but the two first are MUCH better. Both the soundproduction and the songs are way better. And Mike is a better singer.

I like BD the best, then RTC, then NMF. I kinda agree with Nuclear A but i also have some disagreements. I think it was in the french magazine Hard n' Heavy that i read that they wanted to try something new and original rather than just a cover band. I like NMF very much, and although it doesn't hold the charm or nostalgia of BD and RTC, it packs a pretty fucking good puch. It's definitely NOT "aggro-nu-metal-garbage". That's a pretty fucking harsh charge. It's an original work that opted for a different kind of production and sound that, in my opinion, is an awsome mix of old school death with a sick tech death twist. Obviously this is my opinion but NMF to me is still by far better than 99% of other releases in the last 6 years.

masakistjg said:
To each his own ... I guess. Personally, NMF is my all time favorite album.

i agree, whenever im unsure of a cd to listen to I always end up picking NMF as its my favourite cd ever

I loved Nightmares Made Flesh. I listen to it as much as I listen to RTC. They really stay true to oldschool Death. Don't get me wrong - I love all the Death Metal blendings and what not, but it's nice to see something like Bloodbath keeping it true to its form.

For me NMF is the best album of bloodbath... you can find elements of RTC and BD in NMF plus the brutal american style on some songs :) I like it.

I love NMF as well as RTC, and BD. All great recordings. Of course NMF doesnt have the same feel RTC, but its still amazing.

And the nu-metal statement is fucking pathetic. Seriously.

Also, you said you sold it the DAY after you got it? Does noone give music a chance to sink in these days? WTF?

BastardSonOfGod said:
For me NMF is the best album of bloodbath... you can find elements of RTC and BD in NMF plus the brutal american style on some songs :) I like it.

u dont find any elements got damnit! narrow minded fool.
not the raw distortion, the groundbreaking drums and most of all, mikaels voice.

u bloody fucking bastard son of god ^^

I think I like RTC least. Breeding Death is awesome, but NMF beats it. They're all great albums.. I hope their next vocalist gives as impressive a performance as Mikael and Peter have.

Nuclear Abominations said:
Was that Peter who landed that commercial seed in that toroughly fantastic war machine that Bloodbath was before his arrival?
Peter didn't produce this album, so he was unable to land any kind of seed in it.

wouldnt it be cool if johan of amon amarth did vocals on the next bloodbath cd? lotsa people will disagree but i would enjoy it :D