Nightrage

Vince_icedboy

New Metal Member
Mar 11, 2003
France
Visit site
On blabbermouth.net :

THE HAUNTED, EVERGREY Members Team Up In NIGHTRAGE - Apr. 4, 2003

NIGHTRAGE, a brand new Swedish melodic death "supergroup" consisting of drummer Per M. Jensen (THE HAUNTED, INVOCATOR), melodic vocalist Tom S. Englund (EVERGREY), main vocalist Tomas Lindberg (AT THE GATES, THE CROWN, guitarist Gus G. (DREAM EVIL, FIREWIND), guitarist Marios Iliopoulos (EXHUMATION), and bassist Brice Leclercq, have signed a deal with Century Media Records. The group's debut album, "Sweet Vengeance", was recorded and mixed by Fredrik Nordström at Studio Fredman in Gothenburg. It is due later in the year.

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

It will kick ass!!

I'm listening to the promo as we speak.. Damn, this is some good shit. Not that I expected anything else with the line-up they have. Pounding guitar riffs, very tight rythmes.. And once in a while, but not to often, some nice melancholic melody..
Allthough it's weird to hear Toms voice in combination with death metal it really adds to the record.
Everybody go buy this!!!!!!! Release date is set at June 30

Englund doesn't sing that much but when he does it's very compelling. Sounds just as good as he does in Evergrey.

This is all about Lindberg though, recommended for fans of Slaughter of The Soul, The Jester Race or any Swedish Death Metal. It's very melodic and there's great guitar playing throughout. I'm looking forward to getting it.

Given that "Nightrage" is an Exhumation song I'm guessing this is Marios' brainchild. I hope so. Exhumation, whilst not the most original, released two wholly enjoyable slices of Melodic Death.