Nightwish - From Wishes To Eternity

Dark5675

New Metal Member
Jul 19, 2002
Visit site
i'm right now downloading this dvd rip, and after watching a few minutes of it, it makes me wonder if the vocals are from a recording.

i mean, how could she possibly be able to sing 2 different things at a time, plus there are no screws up.

what do u think?

could be, but no one can be that accurate, she always comes sings exactly when the backing tracks are heard......?!?

unlikely

She has practised. ;) Once I saw them and they couldn't follow the backingtrack... :erk: But I heard they had a bad day(gig) anyway, that just made it more bad.

Tarja is good singer. Period.

i know people that have seen the live several times, and she is always dead on, after all the she is professionly trained :)

i have the actual dvd, and they do backtrack the vocals, they also play some of the keyboard parts since Tuomas can't play all them at the same time live. I think the dvd is badass, and Tarja is hot :D

And her voice is getting better all the time. Their newest album Century Child is more warm and soft than the previous ones when it comes to female vocals.
BTW, have you thought about how hard it is for opera singer to sing in a metal band? Especially live, there are smoke effects, pyro's etc. Keeping the singing quality even close to what's on studio effort must be a hard task during the tour...