NIGHTWISH in the USA

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
Nightwish has a show scheduled for May 1 2015 at the Greek Theater in LA. Just though I would share it.

$125 for general admission tickets? Fuck, I could see Manowar for less :lol:

I wonder if all the USA dates are going to be at arenas. I didn't know they were big enough over here to be playing the same venues that today's biggest pop stars are "performing" at. Good for them, but if tickets for whatever New England show they do are that much, i'm definitely skipping.

Talk about mixed feelings. When I first saw this announcement I was excited and hoped that they would come near me so I could finally see them. Though I stopped paying attention to Nightwish a long time ago (the last album I bought was Wishmaster) I’ve been listening to them again because of Tuomos’ excellent solo album that came out this year. Plus, I’ve always thought Floor was a better singer than Tarja. However, I checked a recent setlist of theirs and was shocked at how few songs I even recognized. No songs from the first 2 albums? Only 1 from Wishmaster? This was not what I was expecting and I wasn’t sure I should even bother. Well, what better way to decide than to check out their new material. I know it’s 2 years old but I had not heard any of Imaginarium and I was really impressed! I’m not sure if my tastes have changed and I should revisit Nightwish’s last 12 years or if they have improved that much but I am back to hoping I can finally see them live.

I guess I'm one of the nuts that would pay that much for a meet and greet even though I've met the guys and Floor on different occasions already. Hoping the rest of the North American dates are released soon, so I can plan a trip if need be. But I'm keeping fingers crossed for an Atlanta one.