NIGHTWISH May 2009 USA TOUR

Clay - I think at this point you are only rubbing salt in the wound. :Smug:

;)
That was not my intent and you should know that, Hoyt. I am just trying to let people know that NW aren't the jerks some folks say they are. Everybody has a bad night every once in a while, right? The band is only human, too, after all. Still, I genuinely feel bad for EoT and all those fans who wer involved with the 2 shows in question.

If there are enough people coming from out of town for this show, I may do a PRE show BBQ or something at my place if people are interested.

I only live about 15-20 minutes from the venue with a fair amount of room for people to hang out and crash as wanted/ needed, etc.

-Metal
I'm considering going to this show in addition to the NYC show. As time draws near, let's keep in touch on plans. This could be a lot of fun! :headbang:

If I decide to catch this tour, it'll probably be Hartford, even though the sound system is a bit icky.
Well if we team up and sing along loudly to every song, maybe we can cover up the ickiness? :zombie:

Or maybe contribute to it. :lol:

Damn I wish I lived closer to you guys AMBR, METAL, and ANGRARULES, it would be great to go to a NIGHTWISH show with people who love them for their music, and who they are, and don't ....... oh never mind i won't go there.

Brian, i can't for the life of me understand why they didn't do at least a meet and greet, they are just not that kind of people. I will try and find out for you, but i do have my opinion of why it happened, they same thing happened in Tempe after their show.

Brian, i can't for the life of me understand why they didn't do at least a meet and greet, they are just not that kind of people. I will try and find out for you, but i do have my opinion of why it happened, they same thing happened in Tempe after their show.

Well, the thing is, there wasn't a show. It wouldn't have hurt any of them to do that for the fans that showed up. The majority of the people were there to see them regardless of what the Sonata Arctica members think. :Smug:

~Brian~

Saw this in Atlanta last night. Way packed. Oldest thing they played was Dead To The World. Overall not bad at all, everyone played and sang well. I was surprised though to see Annette come out looking like she just finished waiting tables at Waffle House. :)

yeah what was up with the Blonde hair. Also, I wonder why Volbeat cut out 2 songs from their set that everyone else had been getting???

Yeah, someone really needs to tell her she does not look good with the blonde hair. I'm not sure why she was so hesitant to get away from the black hair - maybe too many Tarja comparisons. Regardless - last year in Atlanta she had those weird braids, now she looks like this.

But enough about her hair :p

Personally, I still think she's the weakest part of the band's live performance. She just feels ackward on stage. During the acoustic song she was giving off the vibe of an adolescent girl

I went to this show at Pop's in Sauget, Il .. near St. Louis Mo. The show was awesome .. especially Volbeat who I really enjoyed. Nightwish was okay, but I kind of wandered around a lot when they hit the stage. I'm not into them as much since they changed singers.

I got to meet the guys from Volbeat after their set, and there were quite patient with us and all of our picture taking. They seemed like great guys .. very friendly.

I managed to slip in a prog power plug as well .. Michael seemed aware of the scheduling issues from last year, but seemed to be quite open to doing the fest somewhere down the line. I mentioned the longevity of the fest, and how well it's organized. I told him that it would probably be the most entusiastic crowd he would see at a Volbeat show in the US, and one of the better venues as well.

Hopefully the stars will align and Volbeat will one day take the stage at Prog Power. I'd like to see them rattle off 15 or 16 tunes as compared to the 10 or 11 I saw.

Britt

What happened you ask? I drove for two hours, stood in line for an hour to find out there would be no Nightwish performing that night. Annette is sick, shit happens and I'm aware of this. With that said, Fatesfan and I saw the guys standing around the tour bus in the back drinking beers, hanging out, smiling and goofing off. Needless to say, they didn't look too concerned about the situation. I got pissed off and told the club owner what I thought about the whole thing, which again, I realize isn't this poor guy's fault. He said he tried every way in the world to make up for the situation by having the band to do a signing, sell merchandise etc. He wasn't able to get them to cooperate in any way. Plus, he got stuck refunding everyone's money back to them, probably sinking him in the hole more than he already was.

Again, I don't want to hear a Sunday Sermon about the business side of things, because I don't give a rat's ass! The Nightwish "guys" shit on the fans that night and that's the bottom line. So, with that said, EOT says "FUCK THE NIGHTWISH 2009 US TOUR"!!!

~Brian~

Meh, Marco is one of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of chatting with before a show. At one of the venues in California in 2004, he came out to make a phone call, saw everyone waving at him, actually hung up his phone mid dial and came over to talk to everyone for 45 minutes. He even took a drum head back to the dressing room to have it signed by Tarja. Tuomas stopped to chat with us when we ran into him at Disney Land, and the whole band (sans Tarja) was out "meeting and greeting" the fans after their show in Phoenix on that tour as well for over an hour, and they had a gig the next night in Anaheim.

So, maybe the situation there wasn't handled well, and maybe they should've tried to do SOMETHING, but I got to see a different side of the band back then.

I'm sorry I had to miss this show. I wanted to see Volbeat, but work was a higher priority this time. Hope y'all had fun! Any other reports from the ATL gig?

It used to be black. Do a google search then go to the images tab. Not a blonde picture in sight. Nor was she blonde while singing for Alyson Avenue.

Apparently blonde is her natural color. People DO dye their hair for many years, you know. Sometimes even for decades. However, if you look at the tagged photos on Alyson Avenue's Myspace, there are some photos of Anette with blonde hair. Observe

That said, I think she looks better with dark hair.