Stratovarius - Fall North American tour (albeit a short one)

I've always hated Stratovarius, but I'll probably go to the Boston show out of principle (doing my part to show that melodic medal in the US can sell tickets) and I'm ready to give the new album an honest listen and hope for the best. (And that they play Destiny or Black Diamonds live)

Wow, hopefully tickets will still be on sale when I know my school schedule for October. Thats way far in advance. Maybe they'll bring Darkwater or Sun Caged along with them back to the U.S.!!!

That would be awesome, both bands did incredible sets at BARFest in 2008, but we all know that Into Eternity will be the opening act :lol:

I've always hated Stratovarius, but I'll probably go to the Boston show out of principle (doing my part to show that melodic medal in the US can sell tickets) and I'm ready to give the new album an honest listen and hope for the best. (And that they play Destiny or Black Diamonds live)
Say what you will about Strato, but they are certainly superior to Reolution Renaissance these days!:lol::headbang:

The new Stratovarius single Deep Unknown had it's world premiere yestreday on the Radio Rock morning show in Finland. It's a solid proof that Strato is back and better than for ages.
The track has still got the good old Stratovarius sound but with a breath... no! ...a storm of fresh air plus a nice touch of prog weaved in. And mind you, the kb&gt solos are :headbang:

As usually happens, someone recorded and uploaded it in Youtube straight away. Here is the link but coded to save too easy access from those who don't want to spoil their wait for the actual Polaris release date in May.

For those who can't wait, copy-paste this link in your address bar and hit enter
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKrf4QdDhPs

I just received this from our friends at enterthevault.com and thought I would post it should anyone be interested:

Stratovarius will be returning to the North America for a short tour this fall. The tour goes onsale through Enterthevault.com exclusively on Feb 10 and will remain exclusive till March 20

Stratovarius will also offer a once in a lifetime pre-show meet and greet to take place prior to doors opening. With a purchase of the VIP ticket , you gain access to the venue at least 1 hour early for the meet and greet. This is available for all shows and will be onsale till they are sold out. They will be limited to 100 per night. You can purchase these VIP tickets at Enterthevault.com and when you buy a VIP ticket on Enterthevault.com , you will be automatically registered to win 4 tickets to a show of your choice between May 27 - Dec 31 , 2009. Each city will have 1 winner and they will be notified via email on May 19.

Dates confirmed are below

Sept
16 NYC, NY Nokia Theater
18 Toronto, ON Opera House
19 Quebec City , QC Imperial de Quebec
20 Montreal, QC Medley
21 Boston , Mass Middle East
23 Baltimore , MD Sonar
24 Cleveland, OH Peabody's
25 Mokena ,IL Pearl Room
27 winnipeg, MB Garrick Centre
28 Regina , SK The Riddell at University
29 Calgary , AB Warehouse
30 Edmonton, AB Starlite Room
Oct
2 Vancouver , BC Plaza Club
3 Victoria, BC Sugar
4 Seattle, WA El Corazon
6 SF, CA The Grand Ballroom at the Regency
7 LA , CA Key Club

Brief indeed!
Why they didn't add a show for Sept. 13 in ATL is beyond me!