Stratovarius - Fall North American tour (albeit a short one)

See You In Hell

Is this the real McCoy?
Feb 13, 2007
five-venoms.spaces.live.com
I just received this from our friends at enterthevault.com and thought I would post it should anyone be interested:

Stratovarius will be returning to the North America for a short tour this fall. The tour goes onsale through Enterthevault.com exclusively on Feb 10 and will remain exclusive till March 20

Stratovarius will also offer a once in a lifetime pre-show meet and greet to take place prior to doors opening. With a purchase of the VIP ticket , you gain access to the venue at least 1 hour early for the meet and greet. This is available for all shows and will be onsale till they are sold out. They will be limited to 100 per night. You can purchase these VIP tickets at Enterthevault.com and when you buy a VIP ticket on Enterthevault.com , you will be automatically registered to win 4 tickets to a show of your choice between May 27 - Dec 31 , 2009. Each city will have 1 winner and they will be notified via email on May 19.

Dates confirmed are below

Sept
16 NYC, NY Nokia Theater
18 Toronto, ON Opera House
19 Quebec City , QC Imperial de Quebec
20 Montreal, QC Medley
21 Boston , Mass Middle East
23 Baltimore , MD Sonar
24 Cleveland, OH Peabody's
25 Mokena ,IL Pearl Room
27 winnipeg, MB Garrick Centre
28 Regina , SK The Riddell at University
29 Calgary , AB Warehouse
30 Edmonton, AB Starlite Room
Oct
2 Vancouver , BC Plaza Club
3 Victoria, BC Sugar
4 Seattle, WA El Corazon
6 SF, CA The Grand Ballroom at the Regency
7 LA , CA Key Club

Brief indeed!

Wow, hopefully tickets will still be on sale when I know my school schedule for October. Thats way far in advance. Maybe they'll bring Darkwater or Sun Caged along with them back to the U.S.!!!

For some reason I was thinking this band was history, but maybe I'm getting their news confused with Angra's. There so many break ups, lineup changes, etc. to keep up with, it's hard to keep them all straight! :loco:

~Brian~

I have tried to find the old thread of recent Strato drama and was unsuccessful.

I remember reading that Timo T, even after "giving" the name to the other members, was going to record and release one last album as Stratovarius with Tuomo Lassila, Antti Ikonen, and Jari Kainulainen, in order to "end the band with dignity" or something to that extent. Anyone remember reading something like that too? anyone know anything about that? and if it does happen, how is it going to work between the two Stratovari?

I'm excited about this tour. I'm interested in hearing this new guitar player and, hopefully, some new songs, if they add any on the tour.

I remember reading that Timo T, even after "giving" the name to the other members, was going to record and release one last album as Stratovarius with Tuomo Lassila, Antti Ikonen, and Jari Kainulainen, in order to "end the band with dignity" or something to that extent. Anyone remember reading something like that too?

No, but that would be awesome! That was my favorite Strato lineup... Twilight Time and Dreamspace FTW!!!! :kickass:

Yeah, Strato is definitely coming back with the "wunderkind" (lolz!) Matias Kupiainen at the axe. They have the new CD recorded and first gigs confirmed starting in mid-May in the UK, the North American tourdates revealed and currently they are booking festival gigs in Europe for the summer.

Strato finished recording their new CD late last year and it's currently going through the finisihing process. Rumours tell that the release date is aimed at (late) May which would make sense by matching the first confirmed tour dates. So for sure they'll have also new material to play on the tour.

Confirmed shows list will be updated by Jens Johansson at the band's messageboard.
(Jens told earlier that the band's actual website will be "under construction" for an undefined time, better hang at the messageboard for news.)

Edit:
One of the largest pure metal festivals in Finland, Sauna Open Air revealed their first bookings last month: Stratovarius, Amorphis, Nightwish, Apocalyptica and Hammerfall. More to come at the Helsinki Metal Meeting [previously: Finnish Metal Expo] next weekend.

I agree. That drives me nutz when Canadian dates are included on a "North American" tour. Basically, it looks like "padding" to me.

Damn skippy!!!! Everyone knows that NORTH AMERICA has forty-eight states, PERIOD. If it's north of the border, or south, its a different continent and should not be included!!! :Smokin:

LOL....... People are funny.....

I agree. That drives me nutz when Canadian dates are included on a "North American" tour. Basically, it looks like "padding" to me. :rolleyes:

~Brian~

It's called the difference between a "North American" tour and a "US" tour.

What's the difference between Americans going to Canada for a show, and Germans going to a show in Denmark? At least here, the people in the other country speak the same language.

Damn skippy!!!! Everyone knows that NORTH AMERICA has forty-eight states, PERIOD. If it's north of the border, or south, its a different continent and should not be included!!! :Smokin:

LOL....... People are funny.....

:lol:

It's called the difference between a "North American" tour and a "US" tour.

What's the difference between Americans going to Canada for a show, and Germans going to a show in Denmark? At least here, the people in the other country speak the same language.

Boob, why are you being so sensitive about my comment? Are you bored at work or do you genuinely care?

~Brian~

Boob, why are you being so sensitive about my comment? Are you bored at work or do you genuinely care?

Nationalism bothers me. And yes I genuinely care. Everyone in the US (especially in the northern states) should visit Canada at least once in their life. It's an easy way to see another country, and at the same time it's not enough of a culture shock to scar anyone for life. The money is different. and they say "Eh" a lot, but other than that, they're pretty much just like us.

I highly doubt people in Norway complain when bands on a "Scandinavian tour" stop in Denmark. This sort of behavior is pretty much limited to Americans.

Sorry if I'm a little TOO sensitive though. I've been discussing rampant nationalism and blind faith in our government with morons on other message boards, and I guess my sentiments sort of drifted to this one. This is not the place for such things. In short, I think I'd just say: Go see a metal show in Canada! It's a good sightseeing experience.

Last I checked, Canada was part of North America, so there's nothing wrong in calling it a North American tour.

Then again, for some people in this forum, an Asian tour includes Australia, so...

Nationalism bothers me. And yes I genuinely care. Everyone in the US (especially in the northern states) should visit Canada at least once in their life. It's an easy way to see another country, and at the same time it's not enough of a culture shock to scar anyone for life. The money is different. and they say "Eh" a lot, but other than that, they're pretty much just like us.

I highly doubt people in Norway complain when bands on a "Scandinavian tour" stop in Denmark. This sort of behavior is pretty much limited to Americans.

Sorry if I'm a little TOO sensitive though. I've been discussing rampant nationalism and blind faith in our government with morons on other message boards, and I guess my sentiments sort of drifted to this one. This is not the place for such things. In short, I think I'd just say: Go see a metal show in Canada! It's a good sightseeing experience.

Great post!