Nightwish USA tour in May 2009

St Enigma

Sep 11, 2005
Enterthevault.com is now selling tickets to Nightwish USA tour in May 2009. Most venues also have a limited amount of VIP-tix available.

These gigs are now Oct 24. 2008 confirmed on the bands's official website.

You can click here to check the current situation at Nw.com

Date Support Venue
5/1/2009 Webster Theatre 31 Webster St
Hartford CT Door: 7:30 pm
Show: 10:00PM
Tickets: $27.50 [ Show Info... ]

5/2/2009 Nokia Theatre 1515 Broadway
New York NY Door: 7:00 pm
Show: 9:00PM
Tickets: $39.50-$100.00 [ Show Info... ]

5/3/2009 Crocodile Rock Cafe 520 Hamilton St.
Allentown PA Door: tbd - PLEASE CONTACT VENUE
Show: TBD
Tickets: $27.50 [ Show Info... ]

5/5/2009 Sonar 407 East Saratoga St.
Baltimore MD Door: 8:00 pm
Tickets: $25.00 [ Show Info... ]

5/6/2009 Club Oasis 1506 Lakeshore Court
Louisville KY Door: 8:00 pm
Tickets: $25.00-$55.00 [ Show Info... ]

5/8/2009 Pop's 1403 Mississippi Ave.
Sauget IL Door: 8:00 pm
Tickets: $26.00-$56.00 [ Show Info... ]

5/9/2009 Diamond Ballroom 8001 S. Eastern Ave.
Oklahoma City OK Door: 8:00 pm
Tickets: $25.00-$56.00 [ Show Info... ]

5/11/2009 The Pavillion at Concrete Street 717 Power St
Corpus Christi TX Door: 7:00 pm
Show: 9:30PM
Tickets: $27.50-$57.50 [ Show Info... ]

5/12/2009 Warehouse Live 813 St. Emanuel Street
Houston TX Door: 7:00 pm
Show: 9:30PM
Tickets: $26.00-$61.00 [ Show Info... ]

5/14/2009 The Masquerade 695 North Ave NE
Atlanta GA Door: 8:00 pm
Show: 10:15PM
Tickets: $26.50 [ Show Info... ]

Edit: Gigs confirmed on Nw.com now

Heh you beat me to the post by about a half an hour. Yay for the makeup tour, though boo that they won't be coming back to the states for at least another 2 years, i guess it's understandable. They need time off, probably time to work on a new album, etc..

Anyway, you know I'll be at the New York show (which your message doesn't show, but my email has listed). ;]

Don't know how the NY show was dropped off from inbetween since it definitely is there on enterthevault website and I copy-pasted the information straight from there... ? :zombie: Now it's corrected there on the right place. :saint:

And hey, I never thought that you might miss a Nw show in NY :p

Heh you beat me to the post by about a half an hour. Yay for the makeup tour, though boo that they won't be coming back to the states for at least another 2 years, i guess it's understandable. They need time off, probably time to work on a new album, etc..

Anyway, you know I'll be at the New York show (which your message doesn't show, but my email has listed). ;]
This time, I am going to make goddamned sure that I get that night off! :headbang::headbang:

I'm glad they've decided to make up days. I had been planning to go to the show in Houston and then Ike happened. Houston let the curfew go on way too long. I'm a little nervous about whether the plans stay in place after all this Anette business.

I doubt very seriously that they cancel out the make-ups.

Yeah. If they did, it would seriously hamper their efforts here. Never mind all the back end stuff to guarantee and insure them. How many fans would really still buy tickets if 3 out of the last 4 tours had been canceled? ("3" meaning the 2005 w/Tarja & Sonata tour, the dates missed this last tour, and a the theoretical canceling of the makeups that we are talking about here - which won't be canceled)

Hey I live in Baltimore and have considering getting tickets from the vault.I bought my tix at the last cancelled show at the Ram's head box office and you had to go back to the box office to get your money back (i paid cash),luckily i was going to another show there a month later.How is the vault did everyone get the service charges back.I hate having to wait in two lines (box office and then main enterance ) to go to a show.Also it seems the places they are making up the shows are at new locations in the same cities.I understand that the Ram's Head wants nothing to do with them because they cancelled a day before the show.I doubt they will ever do that again ,but the time they canceled before; I thought the same thing.At least that was not a last minute thing many people had set up hotel rooms this time and paid alot of money just to see one member of the band show up.

Sorry I can't be of more help to you; I've never dealt with ETV and from the sound of things, I don't ever want to. On the last tour, Ticketmaster was selling VIPs as well and I found it was worth the extra surcharge to not have the headaches that it seems ETV customers constantly have regarding these tickets and passes. I bought my tickets and got right in the front of the line. ETV customers had to wait in a separate line and didn't even join the "real" line until over an hour later. So, just from experience, I'd say that if Ticketmaster is selling VIPs again, just to go through them. You may not get your surcharge back from them if the show's cancelled, but at least if the show does go on you have the tickets in your hand that clearly are marked "VIP" and you know you're going to the meet-and-greet (whereas, it seems with ETV customers, they are questioning this fact all the way up until they get to the window where their tickets are supposed to be).

From my understanding, the VIP is usually $50 more, and gets you what? Early admission, a meet and greet, and a poster?

I guess it depends on if you care to meet the band.

I have never had trouble getting up front at a show if I wanted to.
A poster means very little.

I suppose meeting band members is cool, but at any meet and greet or even after show get together, the conversation is usually nothing more than, "Hey man, great show! I love the new album"

Not to knock anyone here who does VIP, just doesn't seem to be worth the premium ticket price in my eyes.

From my understanding, the VIP is usually $50 more, and gets you what? Early admission, a meet and greet, and a poster?

Yes.

Well, for me, as far as I have to travel, I wouldn't mind making it worth my while by getting to meet the band on top of going to a great show.

Yeah, I usually have carte blanche of where I want to sit.

I ended up giving mine to my friend!

I suppose meeting band members is cool, but at any meet and greet or even after show get together, the conversation is usually nothing more than, "Hey man, great show! I love the new album"

Or getting a song dedicated to the OSA. ;) :lol:

Not to knock anyone here who does VIP, just doesn't seem to be worth the premium ticket price in my eyes.

Well, for me it is more that it's not worth the extra price if you're going through a place like ETV, that seems like more headaches than they are worth. If I get the same experience like I did last time (except maybe the meet-and-greet could have been handled better), I wouldn't mind paying the extra price again.

And I scored pretty well last time; I got a VIP ticket and paid regular for my friend, yet he was still able to come to the meet-and-greet with me.

Thanks for all the answers,I will stick to buying a ticket at the box office or ticketmaster.I already have a ticketmaster account and I do not like just getting a code like ETV gives,it does take a long time to get though both lines.

I'm proboably going to go to the Hartford show. I'm sure this has been discussed already (I'm new to Nightwish, I skimmed through a few forums , and couldn't find it), who's opening for them/is there an opener? Sorry to be a noob.

Hopefully this tour actually happens. If it does, you can be 100% positive I'll be at the Allentown, PA show... though I have to admit, Croc Rock is a bit of a dump and I'd rather see the in a nicer venue, but can't complain since it's about 10 minutes from my house.

In this case, you can also get stuff signed. :cool: