Nevermore U.S. Tour Dates

I'd also like to point out that I'll probably be at the Soilwork show at the same exact venue 1 month and 1 day before this show. Guess what... Mutiny Within is second on both bills. I sure hope they're tolerable.

They did a headline tour with Angel Dust as support some years back. It actually came to Florida but I had pneumonia and couldn't go. I've yet to see Warrel live and I've been trying since 1988.

It was Nevermore, Opeth, Angel Dust and God Forbid here in Atlanta. Half the audience left after Opeth and half of the remainder left during Nevermore's set. Warrel was truly awful that night.

In the words of Jim Sheppard after the show* referring to the audience's mass departures after Opeth and during their set, "It's been brutal at many tour-stops, but nowhere as brutal as in Atlanta."

-----
* in the back of my car, riding back to the Masquerade from the Highlander

While I agree with you on the tour's overall package quality, I think the fact that this is really Nevermore's first US headlining tour in a long time (if not ever), will most likely draw enough people to sell out a few dates (NY comes to mind). They are certainly the main draw. I actually doubt the attendance figures will be affected because of the lineup. We'll see.

????? Both times I have seen them (Neon Black and Dead Heart) they were the headliner.

In the words of Jim Sheppard after the show* referring to the audience's mass departures after Opeth and during their set, "It's been brutal at many tour-stops, but nowhere as brutal as in Atlanta."

-----
* in the back of my car, riding back to the Masquerade from the Highlander

Excuse me, but I think you just dropped something... :rolleyes:

I'm disappointed to hear all the negative comments about Nevermore live. I've never seen them live before, so I was actually kind of excited...

... except I think DT and Opeth are amazing live, so I will take all the comments with a grain of salt.

Oh, and the original post doesn't have the complete line-up. I started freaking out at first since there wasn't a San Francisco date listed. Luckily there is at the local tiny ass Slims venue... guess they don't expect much of a turnout.

I'm disappointed to hear all the negative comments about Nevermore live. I've never seen them live before, so I was actually kind of excited...
It seems almost all negative comments about Nevermore live stem from the period when Warrel would often show up to drunk to stand up. He's now healthy and Nevermore is a f**king machine live. I've seen them nine time. They been good twice, great five times, and beyond amazing twice.

It was Nevermore, Opeth, Angel Dust and God Forbid here in Atlanta. Half the audience left after Opeth and half of the remainder left during Nevermore's set. Warrel was truly awful that night.

I saw that tour at the Hard Rock Café when it stopped in Chicago and it was the complete opposite. The crowd didn't really thin after Opeth and Nevermore played to a pretty energetic, engaged crowd. Sober or not, Warrel was spot on that night and the band tore through their set, skipping the usual encore break in favor of playing straight through to the end. Easily one of the best performances I've seen from Nevermore. (As opposed to the worst show I've seen him deliver when they were with Shadows Fall and In Flames when Jim had smashed a finger on his fretting hand in the bus/van door and Warrel was tanked out of his skull and spent most of the show holding the mic out for the crowd.)

A few years earlier, during their touring for TPoE, Nevermore had a show that was moved and combined with another show at the Vic Theater, which resulted in a lineup consisting of Lungbrush, Flotsam and Jetsam, Nevermore, Snot (I slept through their set), and Machine Head. Warrel was smashed out of his mind that night but still sang quite well and even teased "Battle Angels," much to the chagrin of the rest of the band. Unfortunately, he didn't fare too well after the show when he got into a little tiff with venue management and security and was ultimately hauled away by the Chicago Police Department in handcuffs and haircuffs. About two hours later, while the rest of the band were talking to fans outside the venue, Jim says, "Well, I guess we should go get our singer out of jail..."

I'm positive that if I wait a little while there will be another tour with a better lineup in 2011.

You mean another tour involving Nevermore? That seems like a risky assumption, since the last US tour they did was four years ago, and that was as an opener for In Flames on a secondary-market tour. And the last headlining tour they did was nearly a decade ago!

... except I think DT and Opeth are amazing live, so I will take all the comments with a grain of salt.

Yeah, exactly, it almost seems like people forget that ratings on live performances are also a matter of opinion. The things that can make a "good show" to one person (crowd excitement, band intensity, how much beer they've had) can be completely different than what makes a "good show" to another person (playing accuracy, sound quality, setlist), so those people could be at the exact same show and have two totally different opinions.

That said, the Nevermore shows I've seen (10 of 'em) were never the most professional or polished affairs. But that was a long time ago ('97-'03...yeah, I haven't seen 'em in 7 years!), and that's plenty of time for a band to completely change, particularly with newfound sobriety.

Luckily there is at the local tiny ass Slims venue... guess they don't expect much of a turnout.

That's a good bit bigger than the Chicago venue, which seems about the right size to me. I think Zod's uber-fandom singlehandedly gives the Internet the impression that Nevermore is bigger than they really are. :)

Neil