Nevermore U.S. Tour Dates

You mean another tour involving Nevermore? That seems like a risky assumption, since the last US tour they did was four years ago, and that was as an opener for In Flames on a secondary-market tour. And the last headlining tour they did was nearly a decade ago!

I know you have more experience with the biz than I do, but going with my gut feeling, I think another U.S. tour with either NM headlining (I'd probably go) or with them supporting another good band (I'd definitely go) is all but guaranteed. The long gap between tours aligns with a long gap between albums. Right now I think they are ready for and working to make happen, a substantially bigger tour push behind Obsidian than they did for the previous two albums. I don't think their activity is going to decline nor do I think it actually has declined (in the past decade) despite their lack of headlining tours behind Enemies and Godless.

This is what I perceive: Nevermore's activity level has always been on the rise or trying to be on the rise, but after the last headliner (Dead Heart), their arc was eclipsed rapidly by other bands who were relative unknowns in the U.S. around 2000 but experienced huge popularity gains. In 2000, none of the bands including In Flames, Opeth, or Dimmu Borgir (for whom Nevermore later opened) had released their U.S.-breakthrough albums. Then there was a burst-year (2001-2003) where they released very popular, big-selling albums and they basically exploded "overnight", overshadowing Nevermore's steady, but slower, rise. So NM find themselves opening for the above bands. Even DEP on Gigantour 1 fits this criteria. NM probably understands this and for related or unrelated reasons decides to take a break; smart move on everybody's part. Now they're back with a long-awaited album for which anticipation has been very high and I bet they are ready to give a sustained touring cycle with maybe a short break for Warrel and Jim to do the Sanctuary album. I think in 2011 we will see more headliner tours and maybe tours in the support slot too but it will be direct support. I'm willing to wait and see.

Someone help me with The Masquerade.I do not know anything about the place other than it's in Atlanta.My wife wants to go with me,but she will not go near this place if it's a "rough" place to go see a concert.I need to know is the Nevermore show going to have seats to sit in where you can simply enjoy the music or can I expect to be knocking someone off me and my wife every 5 seconds due to moshing?

Someone help me with The Masquerade.I do not know anything about the place other than it's in Atlanta.My wife wants to go with me,but she will not go near this place if it's a "rough" place to go see a concert.I need to know is the Nevermore show going to have seats to sit in where you can simply enjoy the music or can I expect to be knocking someone off me and my wife every 5 seconds due to moshing?

The masquerade is one of my favorite venues ever, but no seats at all. You would do well to stand back away from the stage so you don't get run into.

The masquerade is one of my favorite venues ever, but no seats at all. You would do well to stand back away from the stage so you don't get run into.

actually depending on how well the show sold, there are usually a few tables and chairs near the sound booth in the back...but if the show is sold out (ex. Nightwish) there will be no tables & chairs

actually depending on how well the show sold, there are usually a few tables and chairs near the sound booth in the back...but if the show is sold out (ex. Nightwish) there will be no tables & chairs

Exactly. At small shows (probably less than 300-400 pre-sales), they leave tables and chairs out in front of the house mixing board. Most shows except the sold-out ones will have the high tables and bar-stools out in back of the console and in front of the merch tables.

There is also the couch over the wooden stairs coming up from the entryway, plus the chairs and couches in Purgatory and on the back deck (the door is behind the bar in Purgatory), depending on whether Purgatory is open. And, of course, the bench outside the front-door on the raised porch in the "smoking section." :)

It seems almost all negative comments about Nevermore live stem from the period when Warrel would often show up to drunk to stand up. He's now healthy and Nevermore is a f**king machine live. I've seen them nine time. They been good twice, great five times, and beyond amazing twice.

I've heard this from several people and hence, I'm really looking forward to seeing them. They were actually much better when they opened for Opeth at the Roxy than when they headlined over them at the Masq. Again, it was almost certainly just a matter of sobriety.