Nightwish USA tour in May 2009

I think you should clearly all come to their Brixton show here in London ;)
But I understand its a long way to go :p
I almost went to London two years ago to see Tarot. The sad part was that the Earthshaker Tour crashed and burned while it was still in Germany.

Nicolas, webmaster of nightwish.fr and nightwish-world.com met Tuomas and the band at the Paris gigs recently. Today he posted on both aforementioned sites the news that Troy Donockley will be with Nightwish during the rest of the European leg and he will appear also at some of the US shows in May! :kickass:

Next question will be: at which shows??? o_O

That's great news; seeing as Nightwish France has been a longtime friend of OSA, I'm sure if Nicolas gets any news on which shows Troy will be playing, he'll let us know straightaway.

I also heard from John Two-Hawks' webmaster that there's a possibility of him doing something with the band as well, but nothing is confirmed and it pretty much depends on scheduling. He will e-mail me as soon as something comes up, and I'll put it up on the OSA site when I hear anything.

Enigma: Check your e-mails.

Troy Donockley has confirmed on his website that he will be playing with Nightwish on all gigs in May except in Atlanta on May 14. (He has committed to be back in Europe touring with another band starting May 15. already)

01-05-2009 Webster Theater Hartford CT USA
02-05-2009 Nokia Theater New York NY USA
03-05-2009 Crocodile Rock Allentown PA USA
05-05-2009 Sonar Baltimore MD USA
06-05-2009 Club Oasis Louisville KY USA
08-05-2009 Pops Sauget IL USA
09-05-2009 Diamond Ballroom Oklahoma City OK USA
11-05-2009 Pavillion at Concrete Street Corpus TX USA
12-05-2009 Warehouse Live Houston TX USA
14-05-2009 Masquerade Atlanta GA USA (Note: Troy can't make it in Atlanta, sorry!)

Going to the Atlanta, GA show. Quite dissapointed that Troy won't be there to play, but nevertheless, it should be an amazing show. I applaud King Foo for picking amazing sidekick bands. I am now a total Volbeat fan, and can't wait to hear them live. Has anybody been to the venue? Any suggestions as to how early I need to be there to get front row? At the Charlotte, NC show, I came 2 hours early and was the only one there for about 40 minutes, so I am not sure about Atlanta. . .

Will do.

Me and the Wife will not stop until we get pictures of us with the band! Its the last stop on the tour, so hopefully the band will be in good spirits and take lots of pictures with us.

As I said, I went to the Atlanta show.
It was awesome.
I know I said I would get loads of pictures, but unfortunately due to some assumptions with newly bought rechargable batteries, I was able to get one, very blurry picture of the smoke in the room.
Sadness.
My large review of the show was posted on the main forum.