Nevermore U.S. Tour Dates

Yeah, this is a VERY weak touring lineup.
Like others, I rarely go to shows for line-ups, I go for specific bands. I could care less if Into Eternity and Mutiny Within were doing a five hour tribute to Pain of Salvation, I'd still be going.

And as for the whole "line-up" thing, I wouldn't expect headliners who can sell out venues to bother with openers they have to pay. That simply doesn't make any business sense.

As CD sales plummet, the number of tours rise. People are pickier than ever with the shows they attend. Its impossible to go to all.
Where are all these tours you're talking about? I think I've been to three shows this year; Orphaned Land, Overkill and Primal Fear. And in truth, the only reason I went to Primal Fear, is because there have been no shows.

Where are all these tours you're talking about? I think I've been to three shows this year; Orphaned Land, Overkill and Primal Fear. And in truth, the only reason I went to Primal Fear, is because there have been no shows.

I am not joking when I say there have easily been 20 to 30 metal touring packages which have hit Chicago this year, possibly even more.

Not going to list them, but there have been a lot!

Well, since you brought up the business aspect of things, don't you think that overexposure has hurt bands like Into Eternity, etc?

How many times have you heard someone say, "I will skip them this time, they come all the time"

Maybe my perspective is different, living in an area that pretty much gets every tour, big and small.

You better get your ass ready then, 'cause they're going to kick it pretty damn hard.

Really?
Along with Dream Theater and Opeth, NM are up there for most disappointing live performance ever. Granted, this was on the EoR tour, where Dane was at his heaviest, and probably not that healthy. The performance was very weak and uninspired. I am not trying to disuade anyone from going, just stating my observation. And yes, I am what I would call a casual NM fan, and definitely not just hating on them for the sake of hating.

Really?
NM are up there for most disappointing live performance ever.

I was thinking this too. I have been to four Nevermore shows. Three times they were not good. I was rather surprised at how bad they sounded - a muddy, incoherent mess every time. I was also willing to chalk it up to them being in an opening slot and not getting a full sound check, but for two of the shows, they played after opening bands who sounded better than NM. The fourth time I saw them, they didn't play (Van Williams came out on stage when they were supposd to go on, walked up to the mic and said "Sorry, but we're not playing"). I don't hold that against the band since shit happens, but it still results in four disappointments in a row. Personally, NM is no longer a band that I would go to a show just to see them for. I'll wait for a better touring lineup.

Really?
Along with Dream Theater and Opeth, NM are up there for most disappointing live performance ever. Granted, this was on the EoR tour, where Dane was at his heaviest, and probably not that healthy. The performance was very weak and uninspired. I am not trying to disuade anyone from going, just stating my observation. And yes, I am what I would call a casual NM fan, and definitely not just hating on them for the sake of hating.

Wow, really?

I have to say I'm surprised, because of all of the DT, Opeth and Nevermore shows I've seen (we're talking about 25 if all combined), there have been very few that I thought was actually disappointing.

I will tell you this: I did see Nevermore on the EoR tour, and that was the only time I was a little disappointed. Maybe it really was because of Warrel's health, who knows. Recent live videos of the band show pretty good performances though, at least the ones I've seen.

Really?

I think we've talked about this before, so I'll have to agree to disagree at least in terms of Dream Theater. Yeah, some of their songs can be a bit more mellower, but I have always found them to put their all into their live performances.

As far as Opeth, they're a bit motionless I suppose but I did enjoy them when they were on the prognation tour.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, the SX, CM, and NM tour was never meant to be for the states. My understanding is that it was going to be European, if it even happens.

That was my feeling as well, especially considering Candlemass was part of the package. It could just be an upcoming festival too.

I'm going to these. Can't friggin wait.

10/14/2010 - Raleigh NC
10/15/2010 - West Springfield VA
10/17/2010 - Philadelphia PA
10/19/2010 - New York NY

Looking like a great road trip! Keep me posted on your plans and I'll try to join you for at least some, if not all of this.

While I agree with you on the tour's overall package quality, I think the fact that this is really Nevermore's first US headlining tour in a long time (if not ever), will most likely draw enough people to sell out a few dates (NY comes to mind). They are certainly the main draw. I actually doubt the attendance figures will be affected because of the lineup. We'll see.

They did a headline tour with Angel Dust as support some years back. It actually came to Florida but I had pneumonia and couldn't go. I've yet to see Warrel live and I've been trying since 1988.

holy shit ill be back in the states and able to see Nevermore, how lucky am I. Right when I get back too, damn that's awesome.

how is the new album?

So much for the rumored Candlemass / Symphony X / Nevermore tour!!!

Probably a pass for me, but damn, the Chicago fans got lucky with having this at Reggies. Nice intimate setting. Get there early!!!

This is a b.s. lineup! The only band I'd like to see is Nevermore. How many tours can friggin' Warbringer be on for cryin' out loud? They're not that good...throw back thrash...just listen to the real thing.

~Brian~

This is a b.s. lineup! The only band I'd like to see is Nevermore. How many tours can friggin' Warbringer be on for cryin' out loud? They're not that good...throw back thrash...just listen to the real thing.

~Brian~

Yea, god forbid Warbringer actually put out some quality thrash as a throwback to their influences. I love Warbringer. I love the new age of thrash. I love old thrash.

Yea, god forbid Warbringer actually put out some quality thrash as a throwback to their influences. I love Warbringer. I love the new age of thrash. I love old thrash.

I actually like me some Warbringer. Are they the best thrash band to walk the earth? No. Are they even the best throwback thrash? Nope, that would be Evile. However, they are enjoyable. They are overexposed though, but I would much rather have them than, say, powerglove.

I actually like me some Warbringer. Are they the best thrash band to walk the earth? No. Are they even the best throwback thrash? Nope, that would be Evile. However, they are enjoyable. They are overexposed though, but I would much rather have them than, say, powerglove.

Dude, I thought Evile was too, until I saw Havok Sunday night. Holy fuck.

Dude, I thought Evile was too, until I saw Havok Sunday night. Holy fuck.

I was thinking them too, but I literally have just been listening to them the last couple of days. I will have to wait on my assessment after I have fully digested their disc and/or see them live. Actually, I have never seen Evile live. Must. Change. That.

I'll be at the Fort Worth show (moved to the Dallas area about a month ago). If anyone wants come with... let's go!