Sonata Arctica North America Tour

No-Mercy

Feanor
Nov 4, 2004
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
www.myspace.com
Haven't seen this posted here yet. SA tour coming up soon with Within Mutiny and Powerglove.

Friday April 2, 2010
The Trocadero – Philadelphia, PA

Saturday April 3, 2010
The Palladium – Worcester, MA

Monday April 5, 2010
The Blender Theater @ Gramercy – New York, NY

Tuesday April 6, 2010
Imperial de Quebec – Quebec City, QC – CANADA

Wednesday April 7, 2010
Club Soda – Montreal, QC – CANADA

Friday April 9, 2010
The Opera House – Toronto, ON – CANADA

Saturday April 10, 2010
Blondie’s – Detroit, MI

Sunday April 11, 2010
House of Blues – Chicago, IL

Monday April 12, 2010
Station 4 – St. Paul, MN

Tuesday April 13, 2010
The West End Cultural Center – Winnipeg, MB – CANADA

Thursday April 15, 2010
Warehouse – Calgary, AB – CANADA

Friday April 16, 2010
Starlite Room – Edmonton, AB – CANADA

Sunday April 18, 2010
The Venue – Vancouver, BC – CANADA

Monday April 19, 2010
El Corazon – Seattle, WA

Tuesday April 20, 2010
Peter’s Room – Portland, OR

Friday April 23, 2010
The Galaxy Theatre – Santa Ana, CA

Saturday April 24, 2010
House of Blues – Hollywood, CA

Sunday April 25, 2010
U.B’s Bar – Mesa, AZ

Tuesday April 27, 2010
Emo’s – Austin, TX

Wednesday April 28, 2010
Meridian – Houston, TX

Thursday April 29, 2010
The Marquee – Tulsa, OK

Friday April 30, 2010
The Masquerade – Atlanta, GA

Saturday May 1, 2010
Volume 11 – Raleigh, NC

Sunday May 2, 2010
Jaxx Nightclub – W. Springfield, VA

It's been discussed here, specifically how god awful the lineup is.

That being said, Sonata Arctica are always great live!

Agreed on both. I'll be at the Chicago HOB show. Too bad it wasn't just them playing. I saw them a few months back up in Wisconsin and they didn't have an opener (at least I don't think they did as they started right at the show time).

I'd probably be at the Boston show if I didn't need to save a lot of money for a bridal shower/bachelorette party in May :-/

It's been discussed here, specifically how god awful the lineup is.

That being said, Sonata Arctica are always great live!

That being said, it's been discussed here how SA isn't always great live, and how some were particularly disappointed in their live performances....notably the PPUSA performance and some of the multiple headlining shows in support of the "Unia" album.

Personally, I've seen them 3 times now, and I must say that the best for me was when they opened for Dragonforce most recently. It seems they don't feel they need to work as hard as a headline act, as opposed to when they have something to prove as an opening act....IMHO.

I have seen SA twice.
First, on their headlining tour for Reckoning Night, and second at the same DF show you were at!

I thought they were great both times.

I never saw them for UNIA, but I heard the same, that the live shows weren't that great.

I have to admit that with all the great tours already happening this year, this will most likely be a definite pass for me, esp with that lineup.

I agree, the stalest I've seen them was on the Unia tour at PP. They really almost looked bored on stage at points.

While I love Unia, I blame that album really for the level of adrenaline in the setlist. It was like everytime they played a Unia song, it just was completely different then something from their other albums. The crowd could feel it, as could the band.

While their new album was my album of the year for 2009, I'm really curious how it's going to come across live.

I agree, the stalest I've seen them was on the Unia tour at PP. They really almost looked bored on stage at points.

While I love Unia, I blame that album really for the level of adrenaline in the setlist. It was like everytime they played a Unia song, it just was completely different then something from their other albums. The crowd could feel it, as could the band.

Yes....way too many power ballads brought the energy level way down...

I thought they were great at ProgPower. But I heard people complaining that they basically just used the same set all tour.

I thought they were great at ProgPower. But I heard people complaining that they basically just used the same set all tour.

Same exact set, same exact dialog between songs. I think reading a script every show hurts the energy a bit than just going with the flow of the night but I know a lot of bands do this.

I saw SA once in Orlando back in '07 and they were great. It was practically a flawless set. I got to meet them too, which was pretty cool. After Blind Guardian I would say it was the best show I've ever attended. Sucks they're skipping Fl. this time around :( How disappointing...

90% of the times that I saw SA, the show was fantastic. The only one that I was disappointed with was the ProgPower performance. Like many said, they seemed bored onstage.

That being said, I'd love to go see them one more time. Love Tony live.

90% of the times that I saw SA, the show was fantastic. The only one that I was disappointed with was the ProgPower performance. Like many said, they seemed bored onstage.
I saw that as tired more than anything else, but they definitely lacked the energy we've become accustomed to seeing.
That being said, I'd love to go see them one more time. Love Tony live.
Me too! :headbang: