Hammerfall to tour US early next year!

I'll be there on March 11!! Saw them live twice and they were very good. Their latest album is also very good, as are all the others IMO. They haven't declined for me, as I prefer the last 2 or 3 discs over the couple first ones. But I might be alone on this one...:loco:

Yeah they were the opening act for Death in 1998 on the Sound of Perseverance Tour. They came through Atlanta and played the Masquerade. It was the last stop of the tour and the Hammerfall guys came out during Death's last song wearing Waffle House hats. I think they had toilet paper and/or shaving/whipped cream in hand to celebrate the end of the tour.

This clip (I think) was actually on one of their DVDs. I clearly remember video of them hanging out at the Waffle House, and thinking how ridiculous it was.... :kickass:

I don't know what to tell you man, I just wasn't aware. Simple as that. I knew they put out an album after the 2nd one, heard a bit of it, and then just didn't pay attention any more.

Edit: Added that last sentence.

That's fine. I am not trying to start an argument, but come on.
HammerFall are one of the biggest power metal bands going these days.

That would be like me coming on here and saying, "I didn't know Dream Theater or Symphony X were still going"

Know what I mean?

Awesome!!! March 31st at The Galaxy - great venue for a show.

On a side note - the Galaxy website has Sonata Arctica listed as playing there April 23rd, 2010. I checked the SA website and found nothing about a US tour on there. Perhaps the Galaxy listed the show before the band themselves had a chance to put it on their site?

When I saw SA open for DragonForce a couple months back or whenever it was, they mentioned they would be coming back.

Damn tax season...I'd love to go to Jaxx, but even though it's a Friday night, that time of year...there's no way I'm getting off work that early to drive up there from NC! Too bad they turn north instead of heading down to Charlotte or something. Well, I guess I'll just wait until September!

Darren

That would be like me coming on here and saying, "I didn't know Dream Theater or Symphony X were still going"

Know what I mean?

Dream Theater and Symphony X are still going???

;)

I could see this happening with DT. Since they had a mainstream presence in the early-mid 90s, I bet a lot of people who got into them briefly during this period lost track of them when they moved on to other things. Thus they might be surprised to see DT still chugging steadily away over a decade later.

Know what I mean?

Not really. Hammerfall's popularity as a whole seems to be plummeting, even in Europe. I'm suprised this tour is even going to such big venues considering the horrible numbers they drew on their last tour. If this tour doesn't go well for them, I suspect it will be very bad for the band.

I could see this happening with DT. Since they had a mainstream presence in the early-mid 90s, I bet a lot of people who got into them briefly during this period lost track of them when they moved on to other things. Thus they might be surprised to see DT still chugging steadily away over a decade later.

Ha! You do know they charted at number 6 with their new album, right?

This clip (I think) was actually on one of their DVDs. I clearly remember video of them hanging out at the Waffle House, and thinking how ridiculous it was.... :kickass:

Wait, them being at Waffle House was ridiclous, or Waffle House itself was ridiculous?

On second thought, don't answer that. :)

Ha! You do know they charted at number 6 with their new album, right?

And that's awesome.......but the landscape in CD sales has changed a lot in the last 10 years. Sales figures that would have charted at #30 or #40 a decade ago will chart you in the top ten now.

In this respect, DT doubtless benefits from something many of us here have noticed: metal fans are a bit more likely than the average to support their bands and the genre by buying the actual CD, or a legitimate -- and tabulated -- download.

Dude, I think you're wrong. DT's latest album debuted at #6 in the Billboard charts. They beat mainstream artists such as the Jonas Brothers and The Black Eyed Peas. If anything, Dream Theater's popularity is bigger than ever.

Not really. Hammerfall's popularity as a whole seems to be plummeting, even in Europe. I'm suprised this tour is even going to such big venues considering the horrible numbers they drew on their last tour. If this tour doesn't go well for them, I suspect it will be very bad for the band.

What are you exactly basing this idea or statement on?

~Brian~

Did anyone see HammerFall open for Dio back during the Magica tour in 2000? I would've loved to have seen that, but wasn't able to. :erk:

~Brian~

It wasn't the MAGICA tour.
It was for KILLING THE DRAGON.

I saw that tour in Milwaukee. I think it was December 2002 or 2003.
Can't recall exactly.
HammerFall was supporting Crimson Thunder.

HF were great that tour, but of course, had a short set list, as KING'S X :)Puke:X 10000000000) were on the bill too.

And that's awesome.......but the landscape in CD sales has changed a lot in the last 10 years. Sales figures that would have charted at #30 or #40 a decade ago will chart you in the top ten now.

That doesn't matter though. Regardless of how much CD sales declined, it still shows them as one of the top 10 of that particular week. It was still 40k copies, it's still impressive.

It wasn't the MAGICA tour.
It was for KILLING THE DRAGON.

I saw that tour in Milwaukee. I think it was December 2002 or 2003.
Can't recall exactly.
HammerFall was supporting Crimson Thunder.

HF were great that tour, but of course, had a short set list, as KING'S X :)Puke:X 10000000000) were on the bill too.

Agreed 100%! Hammerfall was awesome, despite the 28 minute long set. Dio was also amazing. That was the night I discovered I can't stand King's X.