Hammerfall to tour US early next year!

DADRocks

Jul 14, 2006
From Blabbermouth, an early warmup for ProgPower:

Swedish melodic metallers HAMMERFALL will return to North America for a full tour in March/April 2010. This will be the band's first tour of U.S./Canada in almost five years.

Confirmed dates are as follows:

Mar. 05 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
Mar. 06 - Worcester, MA @ Palladium
Mar. 07 - New York, NY @ Filmore at Irving Plaza
Mar. 09 - Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
Mar. 10 - Montreal, QC @ Club Soda
Mar. 11 - Quebec City, QC @ Imperial De Quebec
Mar. 12 - Toronto, ON @ Opera House
Mar. 13 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabodys
Mar. 15 - Chicago, IL @ Metro
Mar. 16 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
Mar. 18 - St Paul, MN @ Station 4
Mar. 19 - Winnipeg, MB @ West End Cultural Center
Mar. 21 - Edmonton, AB @ Starlite Room
Mar. 22 - Calgary, AB @ The Warehouse
Mar. 23 - Vancouver, BC @ The Venue
Mar. 24 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
Mar. 26 - San Francisco, CA @ The Grand Ballroom at Regency Center
Mar. 27 - West Hollywood, CA @ House of Blues
Mar. 28 - San Diego, CA @ House of Blues
Mar. 30 - Las Vegas , NV @ House of Blues
Mar. 31 - Santa Ana, CA @ Galaxy Theater
Apr. 01 - Phoenix, AZ @ U.B.'s
Apr. 02 - Tucson, AZ @ The Rock
Apr. 04 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theater
Apr. 06 - Dallas, TX @ Trees
Apr. 07 - Austin, TX @ Emo's
Apr. 08 - Houston, TX @ Meridian

Support on the trek will come from:

March 5-27: POWERGLOVE
March 27 - April 8: ECHOES OF ETERNITY

Each show on the tour will have a limited number of VIP tickets available. This will grant the fan entry into the building one hour before scheduled door time for an exclusive meet-and-greet with HAMMERFALL.

Both VIP tickets and regular tickets go on sale today (Wednesday, November 4) exclusively through EnterTheVault.com until November 24, at which point they will be made available through all normal ticketing systems.

HAMMERFALL's new album, "No Sacrifice, No Victory", was released in Europe on February 20 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD was recorded in part at Andy La Rocque's (KING DIAMOND) Sonic Train Studios in Varberg, Sweden and includes an instrumental written by the group's latest addition, guitarist Pontus Norgren (THE POODLES, TALISMAN, GREAT KING RAT), as well as a song entitled "One of a Kind", which was composed as a collaboration between HAMMERFALL guitarist Oscar Dronjak and IN FLAMES axeman Jesper Strömblad (who was a member of HAMMERFALL in the band's earliest incarnation). The cover artwork was created by Sam Didier, while Thomas Ewerhard was responsible for the CD layout.

A few notes before someone says something incorrect:

1. I was aware of the spring tour prior to booking them as a headliner.
2. I have been told that the festival date is a one-off in September.
3. I had nothing to do with the Southeast getting skipped. It just worked out that way (and obviously in my favor).

Just when I thought Hammerfall was a bad band name, Powerglove comes out of the shadow.

Tuna Taco may just be a good band name, after all.

3. I had nothing to do with the Southeast getting skipped. It just worked out that way (and obviously in my favor).

HA oh ya in your favor, I know around at least 20 people from around my area of Florida that are going to next years prog power for the first time, solely to see hammerfall

should be a packed house!

I used to LOVE these guys. Saw them twice and they really pulled it off live. However, I think( as do a lot of others) that they've been on an steady decline over the years. They just seem to keep re-hashing the same old..... If they mixed it up a little, kinda like Primal Fear, I might regain some interest in them. Time will tell.....

Just when I thought Hammerfall was a bad band name, Powerglove comes out of the shadow.

Tuna Taco may just be a good band name, after all.

You realize that Powerglove is taken from an old videogame controller of the same name and that Powerglove is a tounge in cheek videogame cover band right???

Therefore, Powerglove's name > Hammerfall's name. ;)

Love both bands though, except not a fan of Hammerfall's recent output.

A few notes before someone says something incorrect:

1. I was aware of the spring tour prior to booking them as a headliner.
2. I have been told that the festival date is a one-off in September.

Have they ever played in the Southeast?

You realize that Powerglove is taken from an old videogame controller of the same name and that Powerglove is a tounge in cheek videogame cover band right???

Therefore, Powerglove's name > Hammerfall's name. ;)

Love both bands though, except not a fan of Hammerfall's recent output.

I had no idea. Still pretty dumb, though (and I love videogames). Call yourselves Super Famicon. ;) hahahaha

Have they ever played in the Southeast?

Yeah they were the opening act for Death in 1998 on the Sound of Perseverance Tour. They came through Atlanta and played the Masquerade. It was the last stop of the tour and the Hammerfall guys came out during Death's last song wearing Waffle House hats. I think they had toilet paper and/or shaving/whipped cream in hand to celebrate the end of the tour.

Anyway it was fun and before the Prog Power announcement I didn't even know they were still around.

Anyway it was fun and before the Prog Power announcement I didn't even know they were still around.

Sorry dude, but this statement is 100% absurd.

How could anyone who obviously reads metal boards and threads, and attends Prog Power NOT know that HammerFall were still around.

Awesome!!! March 31st at The Galaxy - great venue for a show.

On a side note - the Galaxy website has Sonata Arctica listed as playing there April 23rd, 2010. I checked the SA website and found nothing about a US tour on there. Perhaps the Galaxy listed the show before the band themselves had a chance to put it on their site?

Sorry dude, but this statement is 100% absurd.

How could anyone who obviously reads metal boards and threads, and attends Prog Power NOT know that HammerFall were still around.

I don't know what to tell you man, I just wasn't aware. Simple as that. I knew they put out an album after the 2nd one, heard a bit of it, and then just didn't pay attention any more.

Edit: Added that last sentence.