Hammerfall to tour US early next year!

It wasn't the MAGICA tour.
It was for KILLING THE DRAGON.

I saw that tour in Milwaukee. I think it was December 2002 or 2003.
Can't recall exactly.
HammerFall was supporting Crimson Thunder.

HF were great that tour, but of course, had a short set list, as KING'S X :)Puke:X 10000000000) were on the bill too.

Yup! That was back in 2002. I saw them a Pop's that November. I still have my tour shirt, too. :) That was my first time seeing HF live and I loved it! I also got autographs and photos with three of the band members.

Did anyone see HammerFall open for Dio back during the Magica tour in 2000? I would've loved to have seen that, but wasn't able to. :erk:

~Brian~

I didn't see that tour but did see them a few years back when Edguy opened at the Chiago House of Blues. I went for Edguy but was blown away by how good Hammerfall was. And blown away how crowded the show was.

Can't wait for this! It will be my third time seeing HammerFall, just wish somebody better was on the bill like Firewind, Angra or even a co-headlining with Sonata Arctica.

The HammerFall/Dio tour was December of 2002 and yes I agree that Kings X did not belong on that bill. I was in NYC at the Roseland for that show which Dio shot his Evil or Divine DVD for. It was still cool to see HammerFall play such a huge venue in NYC and see tons of people who had no clue who they were watch them. Also saw HammerFall in 2005 with EdGuy which was a great show. I will be there at Irving Plaza March 7, 2010.

Did anyone see HammerFall open for Dio back during the Magica tour in 2000? I would've loved to have seen that, but wasn't able to. :erk:

~Brian~

Yeah it was the Killing The Dragon tour. Kings X was also on that tour as the middle band on the bill and smoked both Dio and Hammerfall.

I'm just shocked that a metal tour is coming to Las Vegas. As bland as Hammerfall has become of late, I still love the first 2 Hammerfall albums and I will be there. At least Echoes of Eternity is a halfway decent opener.

Can't recall exactly.

HF were great that tour, but of course, had a short set list, as KING'S X :)Puke:X 10000000000) were on the bill too.

I stand corrected then. Yeah, I'm with you about King's X, I despise that band.

~Brian~

I didn't see that tour but did see them a few years back when Edguy opened at the Chiago House of Blues. I went for Edguy but was blown away by how good Hammerfall was. And blown away how crowded the show was.

WOW, you and I must have been at different shows.
The HOB wasn't even half full for this show.
I thought HammerFall had no steam whatsoever.

It got worse when they pulled out the "Enter Sandman" cover.

It's cool though. I mean two people can perceive the same performance in a different light.

Now that's just fucked up.

Can't recall exactly.

Now that's weird. King's X doesn't seem to fit that group at all. I love them though. I actually just got into them when I saw them at the Porcupine Tree show. One of the very few times I've been blown away by a band live that I haven't heard before.

WOW, you and I must have been at different shows.
The HOB wasn't even half full for this show.
I thought HammerFall had no steam whatsoever.

It's cool though. I mean two people can perceive the same performance in a different light.

Well I should state that we were planning on only staying for Edguy but a HOB manager was cool and asked us if we wanted to sit in the balcony so we did. We were up there with only about 10 people and had our own waitress. So maybe all the beers made Hammerfall sound better than they were. It seemed crowded but that could of been the beer as well.

Well I should state that we were planning on only staying for Edguy but a HOB manager was cool and asked us if we wanted to sit in the balcony so we did. We were up there with only about 10 people and had our own waitress. So maybe all the beers made Hammerfall sound better than they were. It seemed crowded but that could of been the beer as well.

Ha, yeah, ya never know.
Edguy was really good that night, but short.

I dunno, it felt to me like HF were going through the motions.

Anyhow, their new album is VERY good, and I am looking forward to seeing them on this tour,

Yep, and I'm one of them.

Dammit, I was wanting to see them in Fla too though..

Yeah me too!!! :mad: I'd really like to know why Florida is always left out of major tours! I just don't get it. I thought Tampa was a great scene but I guess I was wrong :( Primal Fear, Edguy and Stratovarius played everywhere BUT Florida! We have plans for ProgPower, but we may fly out to LA to see them, my 14 year old son's favorite band is HammerFall, and he will be on spring break from school at that time.

Yeah me too!!! :mad: I'd really like to know why Florida is always left out of major tours! I just don't get it. I thought Tampa was a great scene but I guess I was wrong :( Primal Fear, Edguy and Stratovarius played everywhere BUT Florida! We have plans for ProgPower, but we may fly out to LA to see them, my 14 year old son's favorite band is HammerFall, and he will be on spring break from school at that time.

You would be incorrect as far as Primal Fear goes. They only had 4 US dates and one Canada date on their last tour. They didn't even play in popular places like Chicago for instance, so don't feel left out. In fact, I was on the fence as far as going to Progpower this past year (not because I didn't want to but because I shouldn't have since I had and still have no job); however, when I heard Primal Fear was playing the Thursday night I had to go hell or high water.