Nightwish/Kamelot *confirmed* for Wed/Thurs Shows

Janet Jackson!! the odd girl out??? :guh::guh::guh:

Life of a married man. :lol:

Wife is kind enough to join me for an 8 hour drive to see Iron Maiden or a 3000 mile flight for ProgPower. It's the least I can do to go to the occasional local Janet Jackson or Carrie Underwood show.

On a related note. Who's singing for Kamelot on this tour? Is it still Fabio? He was great last time around.

Correct. See the video for the full explanation. I expect sell-outs at both shows based on the local Atl crowd + the fest attendees.

We are the only 2-night stand in the States so expect a few curveballs at each show.

Just heard that we sold 28 tickets in the first 5 minutes.

Three of those were mine.
:kickass:

Kinda glad they are doing Wed and Thursday, as I was only able to secure Thurs-Sunday for the Renaissance Inn.
This might be the best 4 days of music in PP History.

I think I cried a tear when I read this announcement! I have been trying to figure out how to see Nightwish on their Imaginarium tour, but they where no where near Nova Scotia. :) Now it is done! Thanks so much Glenn and anyone else who had a hand in making this happen. And Kamelot opening... that's one big bowl of gravy with icing!
Cheers,
Todd

Enter the Vault must step up their fees, the VIP tix I bought for the Chicago show had a $16.50/ticket fee, now they are $18.75/tix.

Enter the Vault must step up their fees, the VIP tix I bought for the Chicago show had a $16.50/ticket fee, now they are $18.75/tix.

Yeah, EtV are quickly becoming Ticketbastard's bastard child. 25+% fee on one regular ticket? Absurd. Just like the a-holes that sell bags of ice for $25 after a hurricane.

This will actually be at Emo's East, which is over on Riverside. It's actually the old Backroom venue. But it's been completely gutted, remodeled and the stage/floor area is now 2 stories. Nice size stage, good lights, and a damn decent sound system... Nothing like the Emos downtown... I'll be catching this tour there also.....

Yes, I knew there was a new Emo's East but had forgotten, and thought this was going to be at the old place at 5th and Red River. Good news.

Yes, the Back Room. I used to hang out there in the early 80's and watch MTV. Saw a few shows there like Wishbone Ash and a couple of really fine performances by Al Stewart. And then there was Blind Guardian with opener Symphony X on Thanksgiving night - say 2004? - like 125 people there. Glad it's been renovated. We'll make that one for sure.

Thanks for the heads up!

I'm sorta interested in the set list choices. I have no intention of going to Progpower this year, but if a special set (one day of all older material and one day of new, for example) were announced, I would definitely come. Sell me on this...if that isn't an offensive idea.

I'm sorta interested in the set list choices. I have no intention of going to Progpower this year, but if a special set (one day of all older material and one day of new, for example) were announced, I would definitely come. Sell me on this...if that isn't an offensive idea.

If you're not interested, you're not interested. The only sales pitch I can make is that there are a lot of North America exclusives of some awesome bands. For me, Nightwish and Kamelot were just bonuses.

Yeah, EtV are quickly becoming Ticketbastard's bastard child. 25+% fee on one regular ticket? Absurd. Just like the a-holes that sell bags of ice for $25 after a hurricane.
Kind of seems wrong to be raising the fees as the tickets sales increase. Well, it's business and it's all about the money, but still doesn't seem right.

If you're not interested, you're not interested. The only sales pitch I can make is that there are a lot of North America exclusives of some awesome bands. For me, Nightwish and Kamelot were just bonuses.

Well that's cool and everything, but the only band I like on the fest this year is Symphony X. Nothing against the festival or the promoter. I've loved it in years past. It's obviously gonna happen to everyone from time to time. Seeing how I live 2 hours away from St. Louis, to me that would be the logical choice instead of driving 7 hours to Atlanta....unless something special is going on for Kamelot and Nightwish.

Glenn and Jen - :worship: You guys are fantastic!

Thoughly loving it. I could watch Kamelot a 100 times over. I am sure they will have a great singer. Any chance that Khan will come back????!!!!

Kind of seems wrong to be raising the fees as the tickets sales increase. Well, it's business and it's all about the money, but still doesn't seem right.

Fee is now up to $11.99 per ticket! How high can it go? Will the last ticket cost $40 and a $50 service fee?

THANK YOU for all of your support - it means so much!

I believe Olivia is on Thursday at 5PM. At least that is what my email conformation says.

You're correct - the Jon Oliva song writing workshop is Thurs. at 5pm in the Loft. More details

I hope we can pick them up in advance of the show. Otherwise that could be a total nightmare with 1,000 people lining up for will call.

We will work out a plan for this that will work well for everyone.

On behalf of Mark, I would just like to say to the naysayers........ SUCK IT!!!!!! :)

Yes, Mark Gromen caught a lot of hell for his story with Bravewords.com

Any chance that Khan will come back????!!!!

Has hell froze over? :)

Who's singing for Kamelot on this tour? Is it still Fabio?

Kamelot has not made this announcement yet; however, they have previously stated they would announce the new vocalist prior to the European summer festivals.

so how did first day sales go Glenn or Jen?
Wonder how many are left now?

We are very pleased. 20% of tickets were sold in the first 5 hours alone.. an EtV record! Glenn will be emailing sponsors and gold badge holders with ticket details soon (hopefully tonight).

~Jen

It says on Ticketmaster.com that tickets are not available until May 5th for the Nightwish/Kamelot shows.

I guess I must have missed something!?

Strange. I received my confirmation and order number on the page from EtV, but haven't received my confirmation since buying the ticket in my e-mail like they said I would. I bought the ticket yesterday afternoon. I'd like the e-mail so I can print it out later. I wrote the number down, though, thank God. I ran out of ink and can't print the page yet. That's why I want the e-mail. Anyone else have a delay in their EtV confirmation e-mail?