Nightwish @ local WalMart!!!

Now that I got your attention with the title.... I am so used to having to online my CD's or go to my local metal CD shop Atlantic Records to get anything I want or wait to purchase my loot @ the next PP. I was wondering around WalMart earlier today trying to kill sometime and long behold did I see a whole new release section set up for Nightwish's Once CD......

To bad WalMart couldn't have a metal section. I have discovered other metal items there in the past like Judas Priest 'Electric Eye' DVD ,but I thought this was the one I wouldn't have found there but with a major label in the US now, maybe I will hear Nemo on the Rick Dee's top 20 radio show next.....

Good job to NW for finding some business success in the US. :headbang:

Considering Roadrunner is going to make it their "top priority to break Nightwish in the US in 2005" and "get Nemo on top 40 radio", this doesn't suprise me at all.

BTW, don't start thinking this is the "return of metal" in the US...Roadrunner saw Nightwish as a huuuuuge cash cow in Europe (and they are, trust me) and they want to milk them for all they are worth in the US now.

I would hope not, but at the same time, what record label hasn't released their own version of Once now? i've seen probably 5 different versions of the album within the past year. It's a little sad how Roadrunner currently markets them, but the "metal community" has known the band and their music for a number of years, at least its a talented band that caught the ear of the "masses" this time around.

On another note, does anyone have any information regarding Nightwish and Sonata Arctica performing in VA (Jaxx Nightclub) on the spring tour? the website has had it as an "upcoming show" for a number of weeks, but has yet to announce a date. the philly show was announced months ago. any info would be greatly appreciated! :)

Ive seen nightwish and evergrey and OSI and a lot of other shit at Circuit city in my area...Ive also seen nightwish century child in my own university cd store....and its very punk / rap down here at the moment..so some one is apparently buying them. I wish I could find these cds more in the used section though...Ive found some awesome iron maiden, iced earth, and megadeth cds in the used section all of the time..all the original classics...tis a shame.

I saw "Once" a month or so back at Wal-Mart and it was very surreal. Well, if Roadrunner breaks them in America, maybe some of the money they made from the Horror That Is Nickelback will be put to some good use.

It is not uncommon for Wal*Mart to carry metal anymore. I have found Iced Earth's Glorious Burden and Yngwie Malmsteen's Attack there when they were released last year.

O'course, the problem at most Wal-Marts is disorganization in the CD racks. It's hard to find stuff, it's usually been picked through heavily, etc.

Then again, Fry's, a new and otherwise respectable electronics and computer store here (Atl.), seems to have set up their CD racks in order when they first opened.....and aside from adding new CDs each week, haven't bothered to organize them since. :confused: :bah: :rolleyes:

haah at first I thought this thread was going to have pictures of the Nightwish bandmembers walkign around a Walmart