NIGHTWISH: North American Tour Postponed

I think that Nightwish is great. Unfortunately, like most power metal bands they take themselves way too seriously. I saw them at Earthshaker, and they were pretty good. Their music is incredibly trippy but they aren't the best musicians except for the singer, even if she isn't particularly metal. The bassist was staying like two rooms down from me while I was there and I think that he's a bit snobby. When I would walk by him in the halls he wouldn't even look at me or respond to "hello."

Fischmann said:
allright band just dont like the singing

Well, the singer isn't there anymore so I don't think it'll be much of a problem.

I think kicking out Tarja was the best decision Toumas could make. I don't like Nightwish at all, but as soon as they get a new singer I'll definetly give it a try!

It was rather obvious that they cancelled the tour, since they don't have an official vocalist, yet.

PS: Tarja sucks and is soooo full of herself.

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood said:
It was rather obvious that they cancelled the tour, since they don't have an official vocalist, yet.

Read the date of the first post of this thread. This was the nightwish tour of the beginning of last year with Sonata Arctica as support. I remember this because I had two tickets to see them on two different occassions. Tarja was still in the band at that time. :saint:

Wow, it looks like i'm the only one that really likes the singing.
I've seen them on their tour with Sonata Arctica in 2004 and they were really good, but then i've seen them at the Evolution Festival in Italy in 2005, and they weren't that great, the were the headliners and played for a half an hour which kind of sucked, probably they were already having problems.

Lord SteveO said:
I think she was actually fired from the band. There's a letter ontheir website explaining the situation.

yeah, it's true.. Nightwish will have another singer, let's hope that this time the group will have a better singer?!..

Dark knight said:
yeah, it's true.. Nightwish will have another singer, let's hope that this time the group will have a better singer?!..
anyway Nightwish is not a bad group, but their albums are all the same, that sucks!!

I really like Nightwish. Tarja`s chruch-educated voice featuring metal music adn Marco as a great back-up vocal, is awsome combination. IMHO, of course :)

anyways... has Toumas declared any informations about new singer?