Nightwish on upcoming video game soundtrack

Straight from Nightwish forum, from the Nuclear Blast e-mail list:

NIGHTWISH will do the soundtrack for the Atari-role play "The Witcher".
The best from both worlds: Nuclear Blast and the well-established Atari have fixed a cooperation for the high quality-game "The Witcher". Finish superstars NIGHTWISH will deliver the soundtrack for the game with their current single "Amaranth", taken from the upcoming album "Dark Passion Play". The song will be the background music of the fantasy-event and will be available as a bonus track on the game.

"Thanks to the cooperation with the worldwide famous band NIGHTWISH we can emphasize the premium character of our action-role play", Atari have placed a statement. "Not only the moody music of the band and the deep atmosphere of "The Witcher" are going together very well. Also when it comes to cross-marketing, a lot of interesting possibilities and synergies can be found."

Fans can look forward to an exclusive, big give away-contest with many rare and signed merch articles.
"The Witcher" returns to its fantasy roots and offers, at the same time, a new, modern approach. Clear morals, a strong hero's character and a strict line between good and evil – that ´s not what "The Witcher" wants to preach. The players can expect a colourful gaming world full of difficult moral decisions that will challenge them again and again. Best entertainment for hardcore fans as well as for newcomers that are into overwhelming action.

The new NIGHTWISH-album “Dark Passion Play” will be released on September 28th as a Limited Edition 2CD Digipak, 2LP Picture Vinyl in Gatefold and standard CD. More info about NIGHTWISH - www.nightwish.com, info about "The Witcher"- www.thewitcher.com, about Atari- www.de.atari.com.

Wonder if this will be a song off DPP or a new song entirely?

Well, the animation is just a movie sequence, not the game itself. Screenshots doooo look nice though, I think I'll be playing this myself.... good lord, a video game AND Nightwish together? All they need to add is chocolate and it's a total Telgasm! O.O

Interesting...especially after hearing about WT's The Howling being associated with a video game as well.

I always thought video games were very metal! :headbang: