Nightwish- Once

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
I just received my order from the Nightwish shop. "Once" is AMAZING!!!! Very bombastic and will not disappoint!!! I also got the three different "Nemo" singles (1 w/ DVD). Very Cool!!! Anyone get the official album and singles as well and if so what are your thoughts?

Not sure about a US release as I get everything from Europe anyways. CD Inzane lists July 7th but I don't know what territory its coming from.

Ewo, their manager, said in Kitee at the release party that it WOULD be released in the U.S. before the tour, but that the single, "Nemo" would not. There was no specific date at that time, however.

It is very easy to purchase over the internet anyway. Best bets:
Nightwish shop - http://www.nightwish.com/nwshopen/
Amazon.com - just search on Nightwish, pops right up.
E-bay, MANY sellers. Guy from the UK had it to me in 8 days.
CDINZANE will have it by the first week in July.

This album is a masterpiece, though the first time through it's unsettling in it's complexity. Definitley requires a few spins to absorb. I have now become completely addicted to it and just about anything else I play sounds hollow and vapid. I'm sure that'll pass eventually, but this cd is giving me a wild ride for now.
Tuomas, you totally rule. :worship:

The_Q said:
I just received my order from the Nightwish shop. "Once" is AMAZING!!!! Very bombastic and will not disappoint!!! I also got the three different "Nemo" singles (1 w/ DVD). Very Cool!!! Anyone get the official album and singles as well and if so what are your thoughts?

You are a LIAR!!! Nightwish dissapoints me EVERY time I hear them! :Spin:

Walter_Langkowski said:
You are a LIAR!!! Nightwish dissapoints me EVERY time I hear them! :Spin:
....hmmm,,,lying about an opinion?...sorry not likely. I still stand by my comment that the album is amazing! Just because your tastes consist of Duran Duran and The Pet Shop Boys doesn't mean others taste in music should suffer....ah the sweet smell of a reply post coming soon!

The Fiddler said:
Will this CD ever find a domestic release date here in the US? The wait is killing me.

IT DOES NOT APPEAR THAT NIGHTWISH-ONCE WILL BE RELEASED IN THE U.S., ACCORDING TO OUR REP. AT NUCLEAR BLAST CALIFORNIA. IF THEY HAVE A LICENSING AGREEMENT WITH THEIR SISTER COMPANY IN GERMANY, THEY CANNOT HAVE ONE HERE.

YOU ARE IN WISCONSIN, WWW.CDINZANE.COM IS IN MINNEAPOLIS, WE HAVE IT IF YOU NEED IT. THERE IS ALSO A JAPANESE VERSION THAT WILL BE OUT IN APPROXIMATELY TWO WEEKS. SO FAR THERE ARE 3 VERSIONS, THE LIMITED "0" CARD GERMAN NB TITLE, THE NEWEST ARGENTINA RELEASE WITH 1 BONUS AND THE JAPAN, WHICH WILL HAVE TWO...

Just placed my order along with the new Pyramaze. Can't wait!

Todd

YOU ARE IN WISCONSIN, WWW.CDINZANE.COM IS IN MINNEAPOLIS, WE HAVE IT IF YOU NEED IT. THERE IS ALSO A JAPANESE VERSION THAT WILL BE OUT IN APPROXIMATELY TWO WEEKS. SO FAR THERE ARE 3 VERSIONS, THE LIMITED "0" CARD GERMAN NB TITLE, THE NEWEST ARGENTINA RELEASE WITH 1 BONUS AND THE JAPAN, WHICH WILL HAVE TWO...[/QUOTE]

Is there any kind of idiotic copy protection on the Euro version? I bought Within Temptaion "Mother Earth" last year as a European import. I had to jump through all kinds of hoops to get to the point where I could burn it to MP3 so I could listen to it on my PC without the CD.

I'm gonna be ordering After Forever's "Invisible Circles" from Europe since I just learned that it doesn't have any of that kind of copy protection. That would be a good time to buy the new Nightwish CD too.

Yippee38 said:
Is there any kind of idiotic copy protection on the Euro version? I bought Within Temptaion "Mother Earth" last year as a European import. I had to jump through all kinds of hoops to get to the point where I could burn it to MP3 so I could listen to it on my PC without the CD.

I just got my copy from CD INZANE and there doesn't appear to be any visible copy protection. My disc skipped a lot on my car stereo, but it ripped to MP3 just fine with iTunes. I burned the MP3s to CD and now the disc plays without skipping. Great disc! It's complex and will take several listens at night with the lights off for it to sink in. Thanks to CD INZANE for getting me the disc in record time. Ordered late Thursday and shipped out on same day. Arrived on Saturday with the Pyramaze - another killer disc!!!

Muzt...get...new....Nightwish..... (As if I wouldn't get it, being their co-sponsor last year and all :D )

We got the "Nemo" single in at WREK-FM and I've played a few tracks from it, and it just served to whet my appetite. (Which is precisely their intent, damn them :))

I bought the album from a place called Proxis (www.proxis.be). It's like Amazon, but in Belgium (and there's a button to convert the site to English!). The prices are reasonable, and after pre-ordering the album, they got it to me only two weeks after the European release date. Not too shabby...

--Mike

Nightwish's Once is the featured cd for this months contest on BeyondEarCandy.com. (Thank you CD INZANE for the donation!)

The contest is easy to enter. Just go to the homepage, click the link to the contest located on the left and fill in the form with your name, e-mail address and the answer to the really easy contest question.

A detailed review of this cd can be viewed in the reviews section of the BEC site. This is truly a stunning expression of talent and creativity by this always suprising and unique group of Finnish metallers.

You can check out the cd on BEC's internet radio which features it in the power rotation. At least four songs off the album have been included in the set list for the current tour including the tribute to Marc Brueland, "Higher Than Hope". The tour hits the U.S. 8/19 in Philadelphia and includes a total of 12 dates from New York to California. I saw the band's release party in Finland and you have just got to check out the live production. Mind-blowing.:headbang: