And the winner is..(Nightwish)

Folks;

What you just witnessed was sheer genius in the picking of a frontwoman. Anette Olzon has the backbone and the chops to pull off anything that Tuomas throws at her. The biggest thing is that she comes off humble. And, after the old fronwoman, humble is what Nightwish needs. Nightwish has gotten the greatest gift of a spectacular upgrade.

So, without further ado, WELCOME ABOARD, ANETTE! :worship: :headbang:

quoted for truth. :cool: - Anette looks as though she belongs there.

I can't wait to hear the new material and also can't wait to see them in Atlanta in the fall!

kudos to Nightwish!

Suffice to say, the ballad Eva is just a teaser and presentation of her soft side for the wider audience. We're going to hear something quite different later this year, I'm sure.

I certainly hope so. Because from what that 30-second teaser indicated, it really seems as if she lacks the power and the dramatic sound to sing some other Nightwish songs. Basically, anything from Wishmaster.

just because we've been starving for Nightwish news and generally seem to accept this new singer in this thread...

doesn't mean the Finnish fans will accept a Swede as the new singer. I'm really interested to see the reaction from those Finns.

In my opinion I think we should all stop saying what she may not be able to sing and just wait and hear what she can do. I think she is the perfect replacement, classy, not bad on the eyes, and a beautiful voice. A voice that will win over allot of naysayers to the NIGHTWISH style of music. Plus she brings a mature attitude, and demeanor to the band. I say awesome choice, and i can't wait to hear the new material.

In my opinion I think we should all stop saying what she may not be able to sing and just wait and hear what she can do. I think she is the perfect replacement, classy, not bad on the eyes, and a beautiful voice. A voice that will win over allot of naysayers to the NIGHTWISH style of music. Plus she brings a mature attitude, and demeanor to the band. I say awesome choice, and i can't wait to hear the new material.

Wait a minute...but it's okay for people to just assume she WILL be able to sing everything? Lots of people think she's great, and that she's a great replacement after only hearing 30 seconds of Eva, but those that disagree should wait to form an opinion?

How very one-sided.

However, you are right about one thing: It is best for EVERYONE (that includes those that are assuming she's a great replacement) with an opinion to wait for the full album. I wish the full album would be released sooner than September because I WOULD like to hear it, and hear how she sounds on something other than Eva, which sounds like it may be a ballad. I like ballads, but it doesn't seem to be showing off any power that her voice may have (or lack.)

MUCH hotter than Tarja. HATE the poppy-bullshit songs from the myspace page, can barely wait to hear how she handles the NW discography.

The myspace page says her band is in the same genre as Heart.
This is way off topic, but Ann Wilson would have been a replacement with a sound a lot closer to Tarja....

I know I know, forget I just typed that.

MUCH hotter than Tarja. HATE the poppy-bullshit songs from the myspace page, can barely wait to hear how she handles the NW discography.

The myspace page says her band is in the same genre as Heart.
This is way off topic, but Ann Wilson would have been a replacement with a sound a lot closer to Tarja....

I know I know, forget I just typed that.

EDIT. I will be shocked if people who REALLY want the album will have to wait until september to hear it...

I think this whole publicity stunt is silly... they wait and wait to release the name of the new vocalist -- as if it's some sort of earth-shattering band shakeup -- and then, when they finally do, it's someone that none of us have heard of. Although, at the same time, I have to give them some props, for going with a 36-year-old... it seems like most of these bands hire the late-teens/early-20s cute little girls to sing in their band, for aesthetic purposes.

They said plenty of times in interviews that they were going to get a no-name vocalist and they do not want to ruin other established acts.

Wait a minute...but it's okay for people to just assume she WILL be able to sing everything? Lots of people think she's great, and that she's a great replacement after only hearing 30 seconds of Eva, but those that disagree should wait to form an opinion?

How very one-sided.

However, you are right about one thing: It is best for EVERYONE (that includes those that are assuming she's a great replacement) with an opinion to wait for the full album. I wish the full album would be released sooner than September because I WOULD like to hear it, and hear how she sounds on something other than Eva, which sounds like it may be a ballad. I like ballads, but it doesn't seem to be showing off any power that her voice may have (or lack.)

Your right we should all wait and just see what she can deliever, but its just my opinion.

I certainly hope so. Because from what that 30-second teaser indicated, it really seems as if she lacks the power and the dramatic sound to sing some other Nightwish songs. Basically, anything from Wishmaster.

Or basically anything from any Nightwish CD. Nothing on that Alyson Avenue MySpace is particularly encouraging either.

I think she is good, but I think Tarja is way better, at least thus far. I wont make a final judgement til I hear at least one complete album not song.

Plus Tarja was way hotter, she just looks kind of plain I thought.

BTW. Nowhere did Nighwish ever say that they were looking for somebody to sing like Tarja. They were looking for a singer that they liked for whatever reason. They might reorganize some of their older songs to support the new way that they are going. Who knows...

I agree. The Alyson Avenue stuff was typical pop/rock. I kind of enjoyed it, but I didn't think "AMAZING!"

Not "AMAZING," no. I just listened to the Avenue stuff again, and she's pretty generic actually. Not a bad singer, pretty voice, but I can't hear Planet Hell or The End of all Hope coming through that voice. She could sing Epica, Within Temptation, Delain, Leaves' Eyes, or Edenbridge, but Nightwish has always been different and more powerful than those types of bands.

This is bad ass! Nightwish has just added a fan here. I wasn't a real big fan of the band before, but I LOVE Alyson Avenue because of the singing!!!! I play both of their CDs on a regular basis. I'm so STOKED about this!!!!!!! YES!!!!!! This news is >>>>>>>>>>New Ozzy.

Nowadays almost anything is >>>>>>>>>>>> new Ozzy. :p

@Magius: Yes, Anette's voice is one I would LOVE to hear sing Within Temptation or Edenbridge songs. I think she'd sound wonderful doing any song from any of those bands. (Also, as an aside; Raistlin for the win!)

And just an fyi to the general populous, the full song for Eva has been leaked. Methinks yet another person will be fired.