Nightwish one of the three headliners on the 70000tons of Metal 2012 Cruise

St Enigma

Sep 11, 2005
The cruise of 2012 is just about over and the first photos and videos are popping up in the media.

Nightwish did two full 1hr 30 min shows on the boat as they were one of the three headliners on the cruise. Others were Venom and fellow countrymen Children of Bodom.

This thread is for posting links to web content about Nightwish on the boat and embedding images and videolclips about Nightwish performances on the cruise - and why not include some other bands' performances onboard you may like.

This is one of the first video reports from the 2012 cruise by CNN, featuring Nightwish and Alestorm. *click*

Keep them coming as soon you find any.

In our OSA chat room, I said that it might have been an online-only news story. If that's the case, it wouldn't have appeared on CNN's TV channel. Nightwish would have gotten more exposure by being on TV, than being in an online-only news story.

I'm going to continue watching CNN to see if they talk about 70000 Tons of Metal Cruise.

Nightwish on 70000tons cruise 2012

I Want My Tears Back

Finlandia and Storytime

Nemo

Scaretale

Bonus: Amorphis feat Marco Hietala - Silver Bride

Edit: 2 more from the same uploader

Last edited by a moderator:
I hated that CNN report. They had to find the most ridiculous and repulsive fans on the boat and focus on them.

At least the ship's crew gave props to the crowd. Alex Skolnick said the same thing after last year's cruise, that the crew told him they really liked the metal audience on the ship.

Yes, find the freakiest outlooks and you've got the viewers' attention LOL

But of the 40+ bands they had picked about a minute worth of Nightwish to start with and that counts foradding Nightwish's publicity. Anette looks gorgeous at every angle plus the guys are plain smile and grin all over. For those who only know the (American) cliches about "the evil metal", a glimpse of a European female fronted melodic metal band will serve as an educational moment, like: eureka! there is more in metal then the evil! Well, at least I hope someone will get it that way...

Yes, find the freakiest outlooks and you've got the viewers' attention LOL

But of the 40+ bands they had picked about a minute worth of Nightwish to start with and that counts foradding Nightwish's publicity. Anette looks gorgeous at every angle plus the guys are plain smile and grin all over. For those who only know the (American) cliches about "the evil metal", a glimpse of a European female fronted melodic metal band will serve as an educational moment, like: eureka! there is more in metal then the evil! Well, at least I hope someone will get it that way...

It seems to me that metal is more socially accepted in places like Finland.

I found the setlists from the two times they played on the cruise! Someone who went to the shows posted it on tumblr. Here it is:

23/01

- Finlandia (Troy)
- Storytime
- Wish I Had An Angel
- Amaranth
- Scaretale
- I Want My Tears Back (Troy)
- Nemo (not the acoustic version)
- Last of The Wilds
- Dead to The World
- Song of Myself
- Planet Hell
- Over The Hills And Far Away

25/01

- Finlandia (Troy)
- Storytime
- Wish I Had An Angel
- Amaranth
- Scaretale
- I Want My Tears Back (Troy)
- Nemo (not the acoustic version)
- Last of The Wilds
- Romanticide
- Song of Myself
- Planet Hell
- Over The Hills And Far Away

After listening to the Gibson Theater version of "Wish I had an angel", I think they could just leave that one, like they did with "Wishmaster".
Didn't sound good at all, compared to how good the "Over the hills" sounded.

Mmm, about 70k of metal pics you can check out Children of Bodom's forum... Some members there went and they posted pics.. My net is fucked up so i can't post links sorry :(

Nice idea!! Lowberg had a pic with NW's band members- it's posted in the forum and the other member that was there... I can't remember the name sorry :/
Check out the thread 70000 tons of Bodom and there you have some pics :D