Nightwish OSA Events - Philly, 2007

Stingray11214

OSA Triumvir
Oct 21, 2005
As you know, this will be the "Meet and Greet" with the band. This would be a great opportunity for all of us at OSA to get together for one of the biggest events on the Nightwish calendar. So, I plan on financing the T-shirts that I will be wearing with my fiancee to Philly. It would be a good idea for all of us to wear the shirt as we would be easily identified. So, who is going to Philly?

Peace,
Ray C.

I'll be there for the concert, but being a working man I won't be able to make the meet and greet, but I look forward to chilling with all of you at the show! Also, are we giving out awards for the least distance traveled to the show? Cuz I can get there in about 15 minutes.

Same here...Here I am, the founder of the organization and I can't even afford meet-n-greet tickets. I hope I can make it to Philly period. If the Jaxx show sold out so fast, Philly may not even be a possibility.

Relax, it's not you Ray, :D the spammer was dealt with ages ago by UM admin and all his/her tracks were obviously removed from here.

Wow! First, I want to say to C. "Hello and thanks for welcoming me and all and making me feel so welcome here at the forum." I didn't realize there were so many Nightwish fans in the Philly area and it was so "on the map" so to speak in the fan club forum.

This is pretty awesome to see! So, how were the shows at the Troc? I've never been in the Troc so have no idea what it's like. LOL I'm a transplant here for the most part but have been in the area for about 6 years now.

Does Nightwish have meet and greets in the area every time they are here?

-Z

I think they only started doing the m&g tickets on the DPP tour. I remember buying my ticket for the Once tour shows as early as 7 months in advance, and I'm pretty sure if there had been any m&g option then, I would have taken it.

And I'm not so sure about Enter the Vault, as a mod both here and on the official forum I've heard my share of horror stories about that place. I used Ticketmaster to buy mine and I had no problems; in fact, I was able to get in the VIP line even before the EtV people because I already had my tickets, and EtV folks had to go to another line to collect their tickets before joining the actual m&g line.

Welcome to the board, Z. :wave: Where are you from originally?

The ticketing concept introduced by Enter the Vault was all new at the time and at most venues the staff had not learned yet how to handle customers who accessed with only an e-mail with a credit card holder's name and a code number printed on a sheet of paper. At some venues it went smooth from the beginning, at others they had a learning curve to pass.

Now most regular venues for which EtV sells tickets to know how to handle codes, only those who scarcely book international metal shows may still have hiccups.

I'm sure they have improved since then, it has been a couple of years now, but seeing as how most of the shows I've gone to have had an alternate option (whether it was Ticketmaster for Nightwish, or buying directly through the venue for Stratovarius), I've never had the need to go there. Obviously I will if there was no other option available, but so far the VIP option has been available through other means as well.