Nihilism

Spinoza

*seeking truth*
Sep 28, 2005
Austria , Vienna
I think that Nilhilism is the answer to what our lifes are like today and our worlds situation . outside there is nothing may , so we must think we are the only gods on earth . it is us that must change something , it is us that have life in our hands . to sit arround praying and begging gods is may helping you cause you want to believe in them , but nothing will change really if not you . we have a phrase that says "help yourself and god will help you" . i say now thats the only way .
never before there were so many sick people , sick in their brains , depression everywhere . by mistake humans got knowledge of things , like eletronics , weapons and so forth without beeing prepared for it . dont you think people in earlier ages had more fun enjoying their lives , i think so .
humans are lazy , vain ..sitting in front of their tvs watching dawsons creek where children joke with sexuality and talkshows where people talk about private uninteresting stuff . get babys at the age of fourteen , i ask now , what is that ? what will in the end be left of this our kind ? my opinion is even that our number shall not increase , i would say the oposite is even more usefull , may we shall reduce and start with the leaders , politicans , drug taking idiots , rapists , and so forth .
we love to complain about our politicans and saying we are sorry people must suffer and die of hunger , we say we are sorry that everywhere is war .
but who is ready to act according to his or her talking ? who is ready to become a leader ? then turn on politics , choose to be one .
im in one of our "parties" here , why people love to call me a rassist and stuff which isnt really true . but thats a different thing actually .
we must turn our back on meaningless stuff and modern society , theres nothing good about that . it makes us lazy and die in the end stupid .
even nature , we cant enjoy nature . who is going to walk for hours in the woods and enjoy really the birds singing , thinking about any stuff , intelligent stuff , the fresh air , even meditation .
no we wont go if big brother is on tv or if the handy is ringing and its some friend who wants to drink some beer with you talking about christina this silly bitch who again betrayed him :)
sure none shall forget to go out and have fun , but to select people close to you very well . you must not fight everytime but offend stupid people , give them answer that leaves them stunned and then turn away and ignore .
none must act stupid to earn respect from even more crazy people without sense and opinions , no for what . why follow someone not even equal to you .where ever im going people want to discuss with me , in our local clubs the stupid ones already fear talking to me but i can take any opinion and even i myself have so many that sometimes i cant find truth in any of them again .. i there truth at all ? im still seeking...
but at least some of my opinions and ideas shall become true and lets see if then once im on tv too :)
i have a relationship thats not based on sex . hard to understand maybe but i think your body shall be your temple and not to be spoiled .
but that works cause my man is even more believing in Nihilism and Human Power , which goes hand in hand , and has stronger opinions even for which i must respect him a lot . i have never seen a strong mind like that and may will never again . "sex is like taking heroin , only with a thicker needle " , somebody said once , but to translate that to english is hard for me , so may its good if you interpret smth in it a little to be understood .
there are many people that have different defintions of Nihilism . most of them are the ones who believe in what Nietzsche said about it and some more in Kant and others . but i would say all have smth in common which is , out there is nothing ( like that is even the words meaning translated) , we are the gods , human power , offend modern society , sex only cause of fun and with too many different partners , meditation , philosophy ..... its a good way of life for me . but i think more and more people start to believe in the same things now , in this our time . but it has nothing to do with anarchism or "happy happy peace"-people . no .
i have gone through bad times in my very short life and some things ever helped me , my opinions and my believing in nihilism , my music that for some unknown reason is a way to relax and to be in total peace when i hear it and lay down to drift off .

please excuse me if not all makes sense , my english isnt too bad but still i cant say some things like i would say them in my language . please i would like to hear others opinions and may some other ways of life . but saying bad stuff and nonsense is really boring , and some asked me even "when theres nothing then why you dont go and kill yourself then" , even called " pessimist" ...but i think im the opposite of a pessimist . so this i heard many times .if you are only negative dont bother to answer me .

Well Spinoza posting presents the opportunity to improve your written english without being graded. You need to work on your punctuation first of all. Then, you need to work on writing itself. Most of your sentences are either fragments or run-ons. The only way you are going to get better is to keep trying. My personal suggestion is to write in Microsoft word first; any gramatical errors ( its not perfect) will be underlined green and I think eventually you will get the drift.

I'm not trying to be cruel, but most of what you posted is unreadable in its current form. At the very least post in paragraphs, or just one big long paragraph.

sorrry guys im an austrian , my english is easy to understand i guess , even when not perfect , who cares more about grammar than for what is written there ? not me . thanks guys :)

I really did try to read this, but it was pretty challenging. Spinoza, they're right, it would help a lot if you at least broke up your stream of consciousness in some way. Because as it is currently, it's really, really hard to follow...

Well...I'm in reserved agreement. I wouldnt see the world quite as negatively, though. I'm think we have serious problems with famine, poverty and war and sometimes i wonder what kinda fucked up society this whole planet really is.

However, while Nihlism is an interesting idea to explore i think it has some serious faults, my main (unphilosophical) objection is that it negates the problem by ignoring it, in a materialistic sense. (See Nihlism: "an extreme form of scepticism that systematically rejects all values, and belief in existence and the possibility of communication etc" Collins English Dictionary) It's all well and good to philosophically accept Nihlism but don't you think it puts a fundamental road block in the way of actually getting of your back side and doing something about whats fucked up in the world?

Thats just my reckoning anyways. I see what you were saying, and it does make alot of sense, morally, i don't think anyone can be blamed for being Nihlistic but i must admit i find it too similar to apathy to be of much use.

I welcome any response (even if its just to put me right - i have studied philosophy, but my readings on Nihlism are pretty weak).

Cheers,

Deek

Your thoroughly missing the point then, so butt out if your not interested. There's no need to be a complete cunt, is there?

Spinoza, Neverisforever may be correct: your writing is almost like a strange mix of Faulkner, Finnegans Wake, and Kafka's The Castle.

Thanks for the link, but i'm not hugely interested in the area. I just had some passive thoughts.

I used the encyclopedia alot during my post grad so i had a quick read of that before i posted, but cheers anyways.

speed said:
Well Spinoza posting presents the opportunity to improve your written english without being graded. You need to work on your punctuation first of all. Then, you need to work on writing itself. Most of your sentences are either fragments or run-ons. The only way you are going to get better is to keep trying. My personal suggestion is to write in Microsoft word first; any gramatical errors ( its not perfect) will be underlined green and I think eventually you will get the drift.

I'm not trying to be cruel, but most of what you posted is unreadable in its current form. At the very least post in paragraphs, or just one big long paragraph.

She is from Austria, you are from the US. Of course your english is better. I understood her english perfectly well and that's the whole point. This is no school and she never asked for any help with her english.
You are in the wrong place, go find a job as a teacher.

Good post. I've had most of the thoughts in my mind before but I got to the point where I understood that nothing can be done. You can't go political and change the way people live their lives. The human kind are lazy by nature, to spare energy.

And yes, as someone said earlier, nihilism isn't very constructive and it doesn't do anything to improve the current situation. It stands next to it, pointing out everything that is wrong.

Your life isn't that long, live it through and do what you enjoy. Why care about the others? Let them live their lives the way they chose. The best you can do is to leave some wise words for you children. If you decide to put them into this sad world

Thats all a bit cynical. Of course things can be done, perhaps not materially but non-spacially and spiritually. The reality we immediately perceive isn't the only possible one so why resign oneself to saying nothing can be done?

In all honesty, apathy breeds apathy, I can agree this world is sad and fucked up at times, but becoming tepid to life in all its levels is the easy option and one that can be avoided to great benefit.

Final_Product said:
Thanks for the link, but i'm not hugely interested in the area. I just had some passive thoughts.

I used the encyclopedia alot during my post grad so i had a quick read of that before i posted, but cheers anyways.

Okay, I wasn't sure since your criticism is contingent upon a specific, limited interpretation of nihilism. Maybe someone will read it as it really is a good link.

Yeah, well My intention was just to make some general points that popped into my head while i read it. Thanks again,

Derek

Crycheck said:
She is from Austria, you are from the US. Of course your english is better. I understood her english perfectly well and that's the whole point. This is no school and she never asked for any help with her english.
You are in the wrong place, go find a job as a teacher.

What the hell? Yes, I do substitute teach English, perhaps the need to correct took over. However, I specifically stated this board offered a perfect opportunity for her to improve her English without going to school. Jesus dude.

C'mon folks! I don't see what speed done wrong? It was a mature recommendation for someone who doesnt use english to learn and help us understand what they mean and for them to, mutually, benefit on the forums and elsewhere.

But if theres gonna be a fight...i put £50 on the biggest one.