Nile: In The Beginning

I hope he sticks to the six string part of that guitar for the most part. I have a feeling hearing blistering fast fifths will get old in a hurry.

Well, that wouldn't really be much different than every other Nile song I've heard. But I haven't heard Annihilation of the Wicked yet, eitherway I'm not exactly expecting much from it.

I've a feeling NF won't really answer that, because he seems like the kind of guy who would say "Well, actually there aren't any really great Death Metal bands, pure Death Metal is pretty bland and boring, sort of hard to listen to at the least." or something along those lines. Personally I don't agree, I listen to very little pure death metal, but that sort of helps because it means the DM I do listen to is only the stuff I really like. Unike power metal and melo death where to be honest I'd only say 10% percent of the stuff I listen to is really "essential".

Sorry NF, I'm not trying to psychoanalyse you using only a few posts on a forum as my research, you just seem like the sort of guy, maybe slightly too ( I don't want to say "clever" and seem all brow nosey) content to really give a damm about a genre that is pretty bland and boring 90% of the time.

I know what I mean it's just a little hard to explain.

Powers said:
I've a feeling NF won't really answer that, because he seems like the kind of guy who would say "Well, actually there aren't any really great Death Metal bands, pure Death Metal is pretty bland and boring, sort of hard to listen to at the least." or something along those lines. Personally I don't agree, I listen to very little pure death metal, but that sort of helps because it means the DM I do listen to is only the stuff I really like. Unike power metal and melo death where to be honest I'd only say 10% percent of the stuff I listen to is really "essential".

Sorry NF, I'm not trying to psychoanalyse you using only a few posts on a forum as my research, you just seem like the sort of guy, maybe slightly too ( I don't want to say "clever" and seem all brow nosey) content to really give a damm about a genre that is pretty bland and boring 90% of the time.

I know what I mean it's just a little hard to explain.

im a big fan of old school death metal. but very little contemporary. i love the classic bands...morbid angel, deicide, cynic, demigod, resurrection, pestilence, obituary, suffocation, etc etc. But modern and current death metal is just so fucking tired and bland. Nobody is really doing anything NEW with it (not that you really can), and very few are even doing it really well. Bands like blood red throne and vital remains seem to be fairly relevant and at least skilled, but they cant even really hold my attention anymore these days. Keep in mind powers...and this goes for everyone...nobody here has me pinned. Nobody should assume i dont like anything...unless it has troll in the title, or sounds like dragonforce or soilwork, etc.

"Lashed to the slave stick" is pure unrelenting death metal. In fact, i would say the album (AOTW) is very much like old school DM....you might even like it, NF.

NineFeetUnderground said:
im a big fan of old school death metal. but very little contemporary. i love the classic bands...morbid angel, deicide, cynic, demigod, resurrection, pestilence, obituary, suffocation, etc etc. But modern and current death metal is just so fucking tired and bland. Nobody is really doing anything NEW with it (not that you really can), and very few are even doing it really well. Bands like blood red throne and vital remains seem to be fairly relevant and at least skilled, but they cant even really hold my attention anymore these days. Keep in mind powers...and this goes for everyone...nobody here has me pinned. Nobody should assume i dont like anything...unless it has troll in the title, or sounds like dragonforce or soilwork, etc.

More or less what I thought you might say, the way I see it the old school death metal was good at it's time because it was so fucking horrific and aggresive, and basically not nice at all. Trouble is like you say there's little you can do with, the whole formula of pure death is very inflexible, which tends to be the reason that I get perhaps half way through a death metal album and start to get really bored.

Kir-ir-Bannog said:
"Lashed to the slave stick" is pure unrelenting death metal. In fact, i would say the album (AOTW) is very much like old school DM....you might even like it, NF.

word of the wise. dont tell me to listen to something. ill get irritated. its like your mother telling you to go wash your hands when youre 35.

Nile is pretty boring....I can only handle about 30 minutes of their live act....and abaout 5 minutes of any of their CDs.